• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage detection system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
In warcraft 3, you have player unit events and unit events. Player Unit Events are specific for all units of given player, while Unit Events are specific to given unit. Not every unit event will have player unit event counterpart. Unfortunarely, one of those that do not have player unit events is Unit - Specific Unit Takes Damage. This is very useful for stuff like custom bash, critical strike, damage amplifications and modifications and more.

However, it is not so simple to create leakless Player Unit Event from Unit Event, so there are those nice big complex systems that handle all the stuff for you

Level 23
I dont know of any difference between weeps and bribes one, but Looking for help's has a few fixes in it(units wont explode, health bars wont flash) as well as support for detecting if the damage is from spells or auto attacks

Level 15
How would Bribes systems hold up when there are 150x12 units on the map?

Can I just ignore this "issue" or should I try to remove as many units as possible from the system? I just need damage detection for certain simpler things. Also it has "unit is moving system" how does it work, can I remove it?

Level 23
I dont know if you can remove units from the system, but you can test 150x12 units. The system only runs when units take damage, it will not lagg when they are idle and I dont think you can get 1800 units to attack each other at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.