• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage Detection System (GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to make damage detection system. When you hit someone there should be a floating text with the damage count, and a command -dmg, that shows how much damage you absorbed,damage taken,the biggest taken damage.

+REP who will help, and i will add you to the credits in my map.

Damage absorbed (I'd call it "Deflected") will require a detection of whether the damage type is Magic or Normal (first case will return a magic defense, while second will return armor value). So you basically need an armor detection system and another system that holds the default magic resistance of a unit/hero plus any magic resistance items and/or abilities that they bear.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
You're joking right :D :D
lol, no. Just change

• Display Damage
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 1.00 seconds the text: ((((Name of GDD_DamageSource) + damaged ) + (Name of GDD_DamagedUnit)) + ( for + ((String(GDD_Damage)) + damage.)))
To:

• Display Damage
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create Floating Text above GDD_DamagedUnit labeled (String(GDD_Damage))

Status
Not open for further replies.