• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Damage bonus like in SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
here is my problem

I need a way to create an ability that will makes the unit dealing more damage to an armor.
I know that i can do it with Gameplay constant, but I only want to know if its pssible to use an ability. If its possible, can you tell me if the ability will calculate extra damages as percentage or as real number.
Ps: I want an ability to put a name on it, the namde will only be the name of the weapon that the unit uses, in description, ill write which one attacks air, which one attack grounds, which one attacks building, etc..

thanks ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Impossible in WC3 unless you trigger all damage which is difficult to do and not always accurate at immitating ingame mechanics. It would also need a lot of data stored for armor types and such.

If this is possible in SC2 (like you said) then I advise using SC2 as SC2 editor facilities were designed to be better than those in WC3.

Level 11
No its not impossible, you use a bash that's 100% and only targets for example a suicidal unit.
You then give the suicidal tag to a unit you want the counter to work.
This will give bonus damage only to units with that tag.
You can also scale this with upgrades by increasing ability level.

Status
Not open for further replies.