• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Windwalk damage bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop
I am willing to make a Stealth skill based on windwalk. The only problem I have is that my map is an RPG map, so constant damage increment factor is something I don't want, hence I'd like to make it a percentage bonus. The object editor doesn't have an option like this (some skills have the posibility to change constant bonuses to percentage bonuses, this one doesn't), so I'm asking, whether or not is there a way of seeing the unit damaging another unit while on wind walk? So I could trigger the damage caused. Or doos any of ya guys have any idea on how to avoid triggering? I can gladly cope with JASS ideas.

Level 17
Heloes Hive Workshop
I am willing to make a Stealth skill based on windwalk. The only problem I have is that my map is an RPG map, so constant damage increment factor is something I don't want, hence I'd like to make it a percentage bonus. The object editor doesn't have an option like this (some skills have the posibility to change constant bonuses to percentage bonuses, this one doesn't), so I'm asking, whether or not is there a way of seeing the unit damaging another unit while on wind walk? So I could trigger the damage caused. Or doos any of ya guys have any idea on how to avoid triggering? I can gladly cope with JASS ideas.

1. set damage bonus from wind walk to 0
2. implent a DDS to your map
3. in DDS: set damage trigger check if attacker have wind walk buff or no
if have then modify the damage amount

Level 6
Why thank you. I might have another question. When does the wind walk cd start? After the buff is gone or before? If the later option is true, then how to make it impossible to cast for, let's say, 10 seconds after being broken? Would "order unit to cast <<wind walk>>" and "remove <<wind walk>> buff" immidiately afterwards work?

Level 17
Why thank you. I might have another question. When does the wind walk cd start? After the buff is gone or before? If the later option is true, then how to make it impossible to cast for, let's say, 10 seconds after being broken? Would "order unit to cast <<wind walk>>" and "remove <<wind walk>> buff" immidiately afterwards work?

i am not sure i understanded what u wanted to ask but:

wind walk cooldown start when u cast the ability, so when u cast coodlown starting and u get buff, its mean if u start windwalk and in 1st sec u hit somebody then u must wait 9 sec until cooldown refreshed

another thing if i know well then with 1st hit u break/lose the wind walk buff so u can detect allways that wind walk damage if u check unit got wind walk buff or no because after he hited with wind walk buff the unit already lsot the buff before hit the 2nd on target

Level 6
No no, that's not that. I'm simply asking for ideas on making cooldown after breaking the wind walk. I want it to have no duration (so infinite duration), but the cooldown would nerf it. One idea is to set it on different level after losing the buff, so it would cost so much mana, it would be impossible to cast, but the skill then looks blue, and I'd rather make it possible to see when it will be castable once again. Any ideas? I was asking, whether ordering the unit to cast it and immidiately, via triggers, remove the buff, so nothing would happen but the cooldown to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.