• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Da Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Here's a golem i made while i was bored hope you like it =]

golemclose.jpg

golemfar.jpg

Level 11
Rawr, the golem is ok, but everything else is just plain wrong. First of all, the tiles will make anyones eyes bleed out into a canal of abyss. Never use that undetailed bright grass of doom thingy. The Bricks are also a bad choise, as they clearly make a dilemma of scale. There's absolutely no vegetation, not a single grass turf or anything. Use Page Down + CTRL to sink those ugly trees on the mountain. The sun is meh, nothing epic and a bit unrealistic. The city needs a lot of work. All you did was spam the same shit 4052302 times. Try to be original, you just spammed 30 houses + a big ass thing and repeated the process 40 times. The towers are ok, but wrong doodad choise, methinks. And the center big ass thing is just plain ugly. It has stretched textures and the overall design is ugly, view a bit of terrains here and see some original designs, try to copy them but add your own twist in the process. Also experiment with fogs, they play an important role in a terrain. Overall it's not a bad terrain for a beginner, not at all. I'm just telling you all the stuff you need to do to make it epic =3

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I'm just saying that just because it's his first terrain, it doesn't need to have a poor tile work. The tiles need more variation.

Also, the tiles are very stretched in the city. In a terraining contest, this small detail can cost the victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.