• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using a mud golem as model..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
(I hope this is the right forum, since I didnt make this model, and you get it in the World Editor I thought I'd ask here)

Alright theres probably an insanely simple way to do this. I've probably over looked it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I open the Unit Editor and go to change model and pick "Granite Golem, Mud Golem, Stone Golem" Good, now i place the unit and its always a Rock Golem. So I look in the editor and the custom script says "units\creeps\RockGolem\RockGolem.mdl" I change Rock Golem to Mud Golem and it doesn't work.

This is probably a simple thing, but hey Ive been teaching myself the Map Editor the past few days. And this is the only thing I havent been able to solve on my own :(

Thanks in advance.

Level 5
OMG! What a newbish question! You just have to recolor Rock Golem model.

The next time, check needed unit's model before asking stupid questions! :evil:

Level 1
Hey thanks. I knew it was going to be an insanely simple solution.. I didnt know that recolouring was how it was done. And by the way, I had checked the Mud Golem a few times, but looked mainly at the model and didnt noticed the colouring. I was looking for a skin or something :oops:

Level 24
*note*
recolouring would be actually opening the model and changing the colours. tinting would be what he should be doing. just saying b/c lots of RP maps use "tint" instead of "color"

Status
Not open for further replies.