• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

CyberLife TD (yet another TD...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well...yeah... i started a new map yet again. This one is called Cyber Life TD (you can always nominate new sort of names if you want). It is about stopping people who come from hell and who try to reach the portal to heaven/paradise. 4 PLAYER MAP. NEW: might add more players for either observing,playing minigames or something.

I ask several members if they allow me to make a tower about theirselfs. Their techtree is simple: the builder can only make 5 towers,from weakest to strongest: THW Member, THW Resp. User, THW Moderator, THW Super Donor (might get a lower spot) and THW Admin. each of them can be upgraded to many different towers, the users of this forum. Ofcourse i DO ask people before adding them (well, most of them atleast, if you find yourself in the map without permission, you can always request me to remove it/make it un-buildable). So when i make e.g: THW Member, it can be upgraded to normal ranked users from here, such as: Billy the Cat or PyramidHe@d (yes, i asked them) or if i make THW Mod, i could upgrade it to e.g: Rui (and him too).

This race is going to be unique in the TD in 1 way - it is going to have an hero for the whole game, 1 wich is known from warcraft 3 storyline e.g Thrall, Illidan Stormrage, Arthas, KelThuzad, Archimonde (weakened ofc) and some more. Other information will be released later.

As for other races, im not taking suggestions yet.
As for the waves, there comes only ground units (yeah, boring isnt it?). Every 5th wave is a Elite (extra hard) and every 10th level also contains a boss. They have to go through half of the map-sized maze-sorta like (map size is 160x160).

If you want me to add something to information, feel free to suggest.

For first i would like to ask for people who would like to nominate theirselfs to the THW towers, ill say when there is enough.:infl_thumbs_up:

Alright, so, people wanted to have some special events so im going to add some.
1: Revenge of the Mages: Wipe out mana of all units in the map (some requires mana)
2: Lucky Charm: gives 500 extra gold.
3:not added yet
4:not added yet
5:not added yet
etc.

MEMBERS (1 skill/aura):
Amigurumi
Billy the Cat (added)
DeadZero
Hijax
Kitabatake
Midnighters
Misha
TheHunterKiller
The World Is Flat
PyramidHe@d (added, model not added yet.)

RESP. USERS (2 skills + aura):
Hawkwing (he has resp. user award.)

CHAT MODS (optional):
oh_snap.

MODS(4 skills/2 auras):
Deathcom3s
Eccho
Hawkwing
olofmoleman
Rui
Zombie2279

SUPER DONORS (3 skills + aura):
Pyritie (added, skills not made)

ADMINS (FULL CHAOS!):
-

Suggestions, please, and you can always tell me if this is going to FAIL or not, its mainly up to you. Pictures will be added later.

Oh and 1 more thing: it might NOT be professionally made since im not yet an expert on mapping and havent made anything for awhile now.

FAQ: (no, nobody actually asked these questions xD)
Q: When is it out?
A: probably in a week or 2

Q: How many races is it going to have?
A: DONT ASK! i havent decided :/

Q: wait wut?
A: ...

Anything Else: -

Updates:
V0.2b: More waves
Special Events started.
2 boss waves :3
More towers
Specials to towers!

Last edited:
Level 12
At first i tought about making the map fairly small, about size of element TD but i took abit too big size for map, so the mazing went pretty long. that far i had 5 first waves made, but they were clearly abit too eay for it, so i increased every waves HP by 3x. PS: if you wana know, i cant do JASS, so please, no whining!

Level 12
how far have you gotten in production?

version 0.2 ALPHA about... only 1 tower has skill yet, only 3 member towers atm (got permissions for 3 more now) and 6 waves.

Leaderboard, life-system, creep movement and thats about it atm.
for now im trying to work on member-class towers (atm there are only Billy the Cat and PyramidHe@d only, BtC has an aura.) and waves.

Level 2
JASS = Death to Deminion..

I can't learn JASS or any coding language except for GUI... o_O.

I love the idea, though. Satriacal, funny... I could be an idea generator for new towers, if you want. Or Abilities. Or Creeps. Or that flying sheep you just HAVE to put in your map.

Level 12
add me, :p
you have to ask MasterHaosis, and then add this tower(skin): [LOLcoin.blp]

at first i tought about making a whole secret race of Haosis (due to popularity, otherwice i would make him a 1-1 dmg tower with extremely slow attack and no spells or anything) and make towers as spammadar (the freakin smileys), but im not sure yet.
PS: youre in the list.

Level 12
If you want to be a tower, just ask for it and i add u to the list >_< duh!

EDIT:BTW, at this rate i need to make a 2nd member tower ._.

if this td just going to just another td, it would probably failed.

yes, Septimus is right, the old td's get boring. New td ideas would make it more exciting.
I like the idea with adding Hive members, but you should really do additional things,
not a regular td. Maybe adding some special events...

Level 6
i agree with amigurumi and septimus. you need some sort of new gameplay feature to make it exciting. maybe have changeable Custom user titles(aka items) for the hive, and plot devices for WC3.

Level 12
if you want additional things, theres plenty of room for it, since i took abit too big map for the TD...

theres around 45% not-in-use room in the map ._.

Level 12
Ive now resumed the map making, sorry for the small delay...
New: added few random events, going to add better wave spawn system, more towers, almost 20 waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.