• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cute lil' CtF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So... I decided on Capture the flag because I feel like it is a lot more of a tactics oriented type game... You don't want to kill your enemies, you just want to trap them... or else your enemies will respawn and ruin your run....

How to Trap
-Stun Spells will be used in a very interesting way, they will be area of effect and have a three second casting time to have a three second Stun
--If you manage to stun your enemy you surround them in tank totems

Tank totems will be also used as ways to change where you can and can't move to... making stuns much easier to get off since you know exactly where your enemy is going to move

You kill your enemies to make the amount of enemies your seeking to trap more managable

The spells will be the following
-Stun Breath
-Tank Totem-If your speedy with clicks, you will be able to trap your enemies easily. Since Tank Totems use far less mana then jumps (1 vs 10) they can be used in much more excess then jumps can
-Jump-To get out of traps, evade stun Breath
-Mirror Image-Trip up your enemies so they don't know which is which

I'm planning to give people the choice between free for all and CtF
And Have a remake option so people can go between free for all and CtF

In free for all...
-You have a spell book that allows you to Charm creeps, consume them for mana and consume them for life, your goal is to have 5 kills

In CtF
You have a "Command" Spell book which allows you to comand ally units

I'm wondering...
Is there a way to make it more fun/Tactics Oriented/give people with fast clicks a one up?

What I'm thinking is I put in the Earthquake ability... But I don't know the use/

Just need some ideas

Level 7
yeah wanted to do a ctf map a few months ago, too. Hafe fun and good luck! I made barricades which can block a way (as a spell)

Level 24
Hmm, that would in my opinion make the game much more interesting.

You should be able to puch people into traps and pits as well.

For example pits of both Lava and Poison should be all around the map.

For Arena Selection I would reccomend doing it Elimination Tournament Style (If you know how.)

Great map idea!

+rep

I know that you don't care about rep. . .

Level 12
Hmm, that would in my opinion make the game much more interesting.

You should be able to puch people into traps and pits as well.

For example pits of both Lava and Poison should be all around the map.

For Arena Selection I would reccomend doing it Elimination Tournament Style (If you know how.)

Great map idea!

+rep

I know that you don't care about rep. . .

Its fine...
I appreciate your appreciation of me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.