• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Customize Gameplay constants - Armor damage reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello
I am trying to set the Damage reduction to a custom value, like the title says.
What number i need to use to set this value to "1% damage reduction for every 1 point of amor"
Such means that having 34 armor on the stats ends to having a 34% damage reduction

Hello
I am trying to set the Damage reduction to a custom value, like the title says.
What number i need to use to set this value to "1% damage reduction for every 1 point of amor"
Such means that having 34 armor on the stats ends to having a 34% damage reduction

You'll have to trigger it and it won't be displayed properly most likely.

armor use multiplicative formula and can never reach 100% reduce whatever value is. 1% applies to EHP increase against physical attacks only

Armor is a real and if you set it past 2 billion, it can become 100% reduction since the damage will be too small to register.

Level 5
armor use multiplicative formula and can never reach 100% reduce whatever value is. 1% applies to EHP increase against physical attacks only
Ok maybe i cant reach 100% but; Can i modify the values to set almost to 99 the reduction? i know if i have 323823 armor (or another big random number) dont increases from 99% reduction but this will be the same. at 100 armor it wont increase the reduction.
Am i wrong?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Such a number does not exist...

Such a value does exist, but then 35 armor will be <35% reduction and 33 armor will ne >33% reduction.

Armor is a real and if you set it past 2 billion, it can become 100% reduction since the damage will be too small to register.
Yes but ultimately that is down to the amount of damage being so small compared with the units EHP.

EHP = HP * (1 + armor * gameplay_constant)
Obviously for attack damage only. Not ability or direct damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.