• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Solved] Custom Upgrades (Sorry, n00b here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Apologies if the question has already been asked, but I can't search these forums effectively.

In the fields of "Upgrades Used" and "Researches Available", there isn't an option for custom upgrades? I created some custom ones, but the only ones that show up in the menu are the default ones.

And if someone could also explain how certain upgrades, e.g. "Adept Priest Training" unlocks the ability to cast "Dispel", when, on the ability, it doesn't seem to indicate doing anything of the sort, that would be great. Just like how "flak cannons" "makes attacks splash" when the upgrade itself doesn't seem to have any effects in the editor.

Thanks!

Level 21
Apologies if the question has already been asked, but I can't search these forums effectively.

In the fields of "Upgrades Used" and "Researches Available", there isn't an option for custom upgrades? I created some custom ones, but the only ones that show up in the menu are the default ones.

And if someone could also explain how certain upgrades, e.g. "Adept Priest Training" unlocks the ability to cast "Dispel", when, on the ability, it doesn't seem to indicate doing anything of the sort, that would be great. Just like how "flak cannons" "makes attacks splash" when the upgrade itself doesn't seem to have any effects in the editor.

Thanks!

It shows all the upgrades without separating default and custom ones.

Unlocking is done by a field in the ability, not the upgrade. (Requirements)

And btw, flak cannon and similar abilities don't necessarily make attacks splash, but can also just change the splash radius and other values(from 0)

Level 26
Just like Xonok wrote, all upgrades - the standard and custom are shown when you want to add them in those 2 fields. But be sure you have the correct race selected - if your custom upgrade is under Orc race, you will not see that upgrade in the window with Human upgrades.

And if someone could also explain how certain upgrades, e.g. "Adept Priest Training" unlocks the ability to cast "Dispel", when, on the ability, it doesn't seem to indicate doing anything of the sort, that would be great.
This is related to the spell. First, you will need an upgrade, which unlocks the ability - so create your own if you want custom upgrade.
Then find your ability (be sure you have the correct version of the ability - for example there is Dispel Magic that Human Priests use and then there is Dispel Magic (Neutral Hostile) which neutral mobs use). Once you have found the correct ability, look for field "Techtree - Requirements" and add your upgrade there.

If you want your ability to upgrade after you research an upgrade for the Nth time, add the number in the "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field.

For example human Priest needs to have Adept Training researched to unlock Dispel Magic and Master Training (this is level 2 of Adept Training) unlocks Inner Fire.
Since Inner Fire is unlocked once level 2 Adept Training has been researched, there is number "2" in the "Techtree - Requirements - Level" field.

Status
Not open for further replies.