• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey i've been wondering how people make those custom UI's where everything at the bottom of the screen is removed (minimap, command card, etc) and replaced with something else. Also i've seen some pictures of windows that can be opened with a Talent tree like something in WoW, so if anyone know how to make this or knows a link to a good tutorial i would appreciate if you told me. :grin:

Level 7
Hey i've been wondering how people make those custom UI's where everything at the bottom of the screen is removed (minimap, command card, etc) and replaced with something else. Also i've seen some pictures of windows that can be opened with a Talent tree like something in WoW, so if anyone know how to make this or knows a link to a good tutorial i would appreciate if you told me. :grin:

You'll have to extrapolate a lot, since not many tutorials exist at the moment, but this tutorial could be very helpfull for the concept, and to get you started: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-658/how-create-dialog-health-bar-166370/

Good luck :thumbs_up:

Level 4
The Create Dialog, Create Dialog Item, set Variable, and Show/Hide UI Frame are all what you will use.

Ill explain them in as concise a manner possible to assist you.

Create Dialog - This will create a Dialog for Dialog items to be placed in, so for example, if you want to add a button to your game Ui, it must be placed in a Dialog. You can think of this as a container for everything that will be place on the screen.

Create Dialog Item - this will let you create a basic Dialog item in a Dialog.
The options you can make are...
Achievement
Button
Check Box
Edit Box
Flash
Label
List Box
Progress Bar
Pull Down
Slider

Set Variable - To create custom Ui's and to make sure you can call the correct part of the UI when its needed and make the neccesary Condition checks, you need to set each Dialog and Dialog Item to a Variable to be called later.

For Example.
Create a Global Variable called Dialog(Array1, size 16)
and a Global Variable called DialogItem(Array2, Size 16 and Size X, X being the number of dialog items you think you will be using.)
Then the first time a Dialog is created for each player it would look like this.

• CreateUI
  • Actions
    • Dialog - Create a Modal dialog of size (500, 400) at (0, 0) relative to Left of screen
    • Variable - Set VarDialog[(Triggering player)] = (Last created dialog)
    • Dialog - Create a label for dialog VarDialog[(Triggering player)] with the dimensions (200, 50) anchored to Top with an offset of (50, 50) with the text "Example" color set to White text writeout set to false with a writeout duration of 2.0
    • Variable - Set VarDialogItem[(Triggering player)][1] = (Last created dialog item)
    • Dialog - Show VarDialog[(Triggering player)] for (Player group((Triggering player)))
    • Dialog - Show VarDialogItem[(Triggering player)][1] for (Player group((Triggering player)))

as you can see, until you actually use the SHOW DIALOG function they will not appear.

Make sure to write down and keep track of what Dialog button is which X number on your variable. Otherwise you may find yourself going back looking through lines of triggers to find out whatyou had set a certain button to.

Show/Hide UI Frame and Show/Hide game UI are both functions you can use to remove everything else that appears on the screen.

Be careful tho. if you hide the Menu Bar and dont give your players another way to access it via triggers, you will trap them in your level. You will not be able to access it even with hotkeys and you will have to ALTTAB to get out of the game yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.