• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Spheres

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Reactions: Grey.Knight
Custom Spheres

Uses custom sphere animation to render Blood Mage's spheres. They move differently every game, randomly too.

To alter the speed, go to trigger editor and change the numbers. (sphereangle in "render" trigger and spheredistance in "render" trigger)

• triple sphere
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set sphereangle[1] = 120.00
      • Set sphereangle[2] = 0.00
      • Set sphereangle[3] = 240.00
      • Set cp = (Position of Blood Mage 0000 <gen>)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set spheredistance[(Integer A)] = 100.00
          • Set cp2 = (cp offset by 100.00 towards sphereangle[(Integer A)] degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 sphere for Player 1 (Red) at cp2 facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_cp2)
          • Set spheres[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_cp)
      • Set mage = Blood Mage 0000 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on rendermovement <gen>
  • rendermovement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set sphereangle[1] = (sphereangle[1] + (Random real number between 0.75 and 1.25))
      • Set sphereangle[2] = (sphereangle[2] + (Random real number between 0.75 and 1.25))
      • Set sphereangle[3] = (sphereangle[3] + (Random real number between 0.75 and 1.25))
      • Set cp = (Position of mage)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set spheredistance[(Integer A)] = (spheredistance[(Integer A)] + (Random real number between -0.50 and 0.50))
          • Set cp2 = (cp offset by spheredistance[(Integer A)] towards sphereangle[(Integer A)] degrees)
          • Unit - Move spheres[(Integer A)] instantly to cp2, facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_cp2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_cp)
Previews
Contents

Custom Spheres (Map)

Reviews
KILLCIDE
Hey Destiny.Knight, before I can approve this system, you're going to do a bit of work. Needs Fixed Spells / Systems need to be MUI. Refer to these tutorials (Visualize: Dynamic Indexing / Hashtables and MUI) and the rest of approved submissions in...

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello. It's a nice idea here. The native sphere (using attachment points) sometimes makes the sphere movements looks weird as the blood mage moves. It certainly can use some improvements.

But at the moment, your system is not ready yet to replace the original one because:
  • It's not MUI.
  • It doesn't exactly mimic or improve the behavior of original sphere:
    • BM loses one sphere whenever he casts a spell
    • He launches it to the spell target point
    • The sphere respawns a moment after being used (with customizable delay)
  • The movement is simpler than the original one. At very least it should also takes vertical (x/y axis) angles into calculation.
Also please, post the system triggers in this thread as it's required.

If you need help in fixing/improving this spell, feel free to PM any spell reviewer/moderator.

These threads can probably help:
Good luck.

Level 15
I had uploaded two previews to show GUI codes from the world editor. A brief explanation for the actions, it creates 3 spheres at the start positioned in a triangle shape. The orbs then circle around blood mage slightly randomly every 0.04 second.

Can I use it to add a sphere to another model, even if it isn't the Blood Mage?

You can do that by changing the target unit, the orbs will surround the unit, this does not use animation but positions instead. In order to use a different orb, simply change the model at the object editor.

Level 37
Hey Destiny.Knight, before I can approve this system, you're going to do a bit of work.

Needs Fixed

• Spells / Systems need to be MUI. Refer to these tutorials (Visualize: Dynamic Indexing / Hashtables and MUI) and the rest of approved submissions in the section. You can also make a post in Triggers & Scripts if you need help
  • You are extremely lacking in configurablity. You should avoid having hard-coded values in your code like the dummy unit-type, or the periodic loop timer. As I mentioned above, I recommend looking at the rest of the approved submissions in the section to get an idea of what a config section should look like
  • Prefix your variables with something very specific / related to your system. For example, I personally would add the "CuSp_" prefix.

Suggestions

Status

Awaiting Update