• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom skin for specific player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, i'm trying to make a trigger for a custom model ingame for a spécific player but i don't know how to proceed...i need to set a variable with the name of the player ? making an if then else? please if someone could help it would be really kind. Thank you :)

P.S : i'm using GUI exclusively.

Level 13
only way i can think of is to copy all the relevant units in the objecteditor and then make this player use only those. one alternativ might be to replace them upon training, but you still need to have all units twice in the object editor

Level 6
nono, i mean if the player X is in the game , then he has his specific unit from the start of the game.

like a builder in vampirism at start he has another model bound to the name of the player...

i don't know if i was clear :/

thank you anyway :)

Level 6
Like this? You would still need to remove leaks though.

• Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Name of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Korialstrasz
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 SPECIAL BUILDER for (Player((Integer A))) at YOUR AREA facing Default building facing degrees
          • Else - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 STANDARD BUILDER for (Player((Integer A))) at YOUR AREA facing Default building facing degrees

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
One way is to directly edit the model.
Certain animations can use unique textures.
So you would need 12 stand 1 animations and so on.

You can then remove certain animations from a specific unit to choose which ones you want to keep.

This is a cleaner solution than making 12 units but it requires modelling knowledge.

However, it is in lack of better options there is currently no perfect way of doing what you want.
I would say don't bother.

Level 6
it's okay i found how to add custom skins at start of the game. i just created a new unit with the specific name of the player, check if the palyer is in game and tadaaa it removes the old unit from game and creates a new one for the triggering player.

Status
Not open for further replies.