• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been looking at maps recently and other I have seen that many maps have more than four playable races. My question is does anyone know how to create a "real" custom race, based on an existing race? That is have the default human race, and also a human conversion race?
I have looked through the editor and have browsed this site, but I can't seem to find anything. I think it might involve changing the default playable races for the map or something. Or even changing the AI editor so it only uses custom units in an existing race to create a "new" race or something.
So please if anyone knows what I'm talking about or knows a solution or if this can't be done, please PM me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well simply edit the existing race in the object editor, addind or removing bulitings via the many unit fields it provides.

To add more than the 4 starting races, triggers are needed but just base your race on the existing town hall and peasant like units. Do not edit the starting melee triggers then as they are needed for the starting creation of the units. Also remember that any new objects added / removed will require you to make an AI for the race in question as otherwise the default AI will but and not function correctly. By this I mean an entirly new AI as there is no "easy change" to the existing AI to make it support new objects.

Level 19
PWNZOR OMG ZOMG LOL WTF
Conversation: Default AI is usefull for everything. Just use same order strings in same type spells. Like if you have a chain of frost use storm bolt's order string
You got what I mean

Level 3
i think he means

a selectable race BIFORE u start the game like this

Race :

Human
Night Elf
Orc
Undead
Naga

Level 5
No, you can't CREATE a new race that players can choose before the game, but you can MODIFY one of the existing races so that it looks like it's another race. For example, you want the race Naga in your map: you can modify one of the four existing races' buildings, and can change the name of the race in Advanced, Game Interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.