• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Passive Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I created a custom passive ability based from critical strike and changed its two values only; chance to strike from 20 to 5 and multiplier from 2 to 9999.

Then when a unit acquires an item named sword he gets this ability.

Problem is he doesnt get it :S if i just give the unit the original critical strike he has the spell in his spells but not the custom one. Whys this happening?

Level 10
Abilities granted from items will not have icons other than the item icon in the inventory. They should be working properly as long as the item is held, so if you pick up that item and start hitting units your hero should start dealing critical strikes sooner or later.

Level 10
Well, I assumed that you had an item ability on the item that's aquired. However if you add a hero ability via triggers when a hero aquires the item then that's a whole other story. Then an icon should be visible.

Edit: Is this supposed to be a levelable ability or what's the reason to make it a hero ability to begin with?

Level 19
no its just only one level spell and theres no reason for making it hero ability but i want it to be visible in the spell box

EDIT: interesting thing is,

i have another trigger for axe item and adds a different ability which is working. I added this critical spell when acquired the axe and its showing in the box.

but not when the unit gets sword.

Level 10
Really? That's wierd, is it something with your triggering and how you add those spells then? Something really simple like a condition not filtering like it's supposed to maybe?

I'd reccomend basing your critical strike off of the unit ability Critical Strike then, not the hero ability.

Level 19
i'll try that

and for the triggers

• Lvl1 Learn Axe Abilities
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Axe
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Obliterate to (Triggering unit)
This works fine if i put the critical spell too

• Lvl1 Learn Sword Abilities
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sword
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Decapitatee (original) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Decapitate (dummy) to (Triggering unit)
but this is not working :S

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

You probably based it on Critical Strike (item), which does not show an icon, even if you change it to be a hero ability. Try making the chance 100% and fight a unit with the sword to see if it works.

P.S., you know you can add these without triggers right? Go into the Item editor, and the first field should be Abilities. You can add Item Abilities here. They won't show an icon but they will apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.