• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Nova Spell---Needs fix???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im tryng to make a nova spell in this case evil and i have some questions for pro/experienced GUI spellmakers:

-THIS THING LEAKS? in that case please explain how remove it i dont understand how.....
-THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE IT BETTER??? (please i dont want comments about "WAIT" command, im tryng to make a loop on other trigger but i failed because the loop never ends :( HELP PLEASE!

• Nova
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit begins the effect of a abillity
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nova
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Nova Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 250.00 towards (60.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing 0 degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human bloody mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Last created unit))
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Nova Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 400.00 towards (30.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing 0 degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human bloody mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Last created unit))
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Nova Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 600.00 towards (22.50 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing 0 degrees
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 22, do (Actions)
        • Bucle: Acciones
          • Unit - Create 1 Nova Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 750.00 towards (16.36 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing 0 degrees

Level 7
Listen to them up there :p
Or i can rephrase it.
1: Event: A unit starts the effect of a ability
2: Every point you use, make them a variable then use call RemoveLocation (udg_PointVariable)
3: If you use (Last Created Unit) twice on a unit, instead of slowing down the trigger make a unit variable (Last Created Unit) it will fasten the trigger. (This could be useful for your loop to fasten the trigger)

Level 7
I'm reading your trigger (man i'm never good in this...)
Pass the leak cleaning, people discussed about that already
Tbh have you tried this on your map already? Because normally for me, triggers that need recognizing "triggering units" or such does not work after a "wait" thing (I can be wrong)
But, to avoid "wait" trigger, I have an idea: You can devide you actions into many triggers; at the end of each trigger, where you are supposed to place a "wait", you starts a countdown timer that has 0.4 seconds to countdown; and on the triggers later you have event "time - a countdown timer elapses" (This timer is actually a variable)
For example
Trigger 1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nova
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6 do (Actions)
      • Unit - ...............
    • Countdown Timer - Start CT as a one-shot timer that will expires in 0.4 seconds
Trigger 2
  • Events
    • Time - CT expires
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from ... to ... do (actions)

Status
Not open for further replies.