• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom models from scratch - some buggy (green box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi,
I spent the last hours for model/animation-tutorials.

Now I got a great bucket helmet (not the right z-size yet), and improved Rondos pitchboiler:
( https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/pechkessel1.50163/#resource-23370 )
Now you could get that boiler (different animations) and use it as a helmet :D

But the boiler, as well as the pitchboiler produce green boxes now... while the boiler-helmet works (each uses the same blp).
I think I've fucked up some of the vertexes or something like that.

Perhaps someone could have a look on these. You would be of really great help :)
If we could get them work, am I allowed to upload them with credits to Rondo?

Models:
2018-01-17_9f62x26m

€dit - it is really a pain that you can't edit the titles (I could have recycled my last thread, or correct this one - since the models are not from scratch, ofc, only new animations...)

________

€dit2: I've forgotten more than I thought or something has changed Oo. I still dont get em running, but if I test the original pitchboiler I experience odd flaws:
The original works if the imported mdx is "war3mapImported\pitchboiler.MDX" but not without the "war3mapImported\"?! Both use the same blp.
I don't remember that the mdx-path matters :O I hope I'm not simply stupid...

Last edited:
Level 5
I've solved my prob:

I don't know whether it is only for my WEX/editor, but:
- once a model has been imported, my editor "remebers" it, even if I delete it
- hence there could be problems if I rewrite paths in my import manager or don't save the map before I work outside of it
- in the end I loose the ability to work with a model, even if I restart my editor

Solution:
- simply rename the model and import it properly!

(properly means: import all you want -> repath them if desired -> save map -> work with your model)

Level 29
The editor only fully imports files when you save, for whatever reason.
This is why when you import, you first must save and only then use the model in any way, or WE doesn't know how to open it, and you need to restart the editor.

I assume the same can be said for deleting files - save first, and then do whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.