• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A custom from scratch Town-Hall, fully animated

Status
Not open for further replies.
An entire Techtree, custom modelled - WiP

Like the title says, I've made a town hall model, entirely from scratch, and animated it!
"Birth", "Birth Upgrade First", "Birth Upgrade Second", "Stand", "Stand Upgrade First", "Stand Upgrade Second", "Stand Work Upgrade First", "Stand Upgrade Second", "Portrait -1", "Portrait Upgrade First", "Portrait Upgrade Second", "Death", "Decay".

Polys: About 700, dunno exactly.

Bugs: "Portrait -1" animation has a bug where the spiraling wheels jump 45Degrees forward.

Model: Entirely from scratch.

Skin: Beeing made by ElfSilver Lord, who's doing a terrific job!(See posts below)

This is the new building I'm working on, or I'm actually finished with it, I only need a skin. But I think I'm going to UV-map all the buildings to ElfSilver Lords skin since it's certainly the simplest way to go.
"birth", "portrait -1", "stand", "stand 2", "stand work", "death", "decay".

Polys: About 200, dunno exactly...

Bugs: None I've discovered.

Model: Made entirely from scratch by me. Animated by me, too.

Skin: Don't have any, think I'm going to UV-map it to the Town-Hall Skin by ElfSilver Lord.

I would appriciate any respons to this! :wthumbsup:

Attachments

• TH1.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 271
  • TH2.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 306
  • TH3.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 249
  • TH4.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Copy of THBuildingSkin.tga
    26 KB · Views: 83
  • Copy of THSphereSkin.tga
    11.2 KB · Views: 109
  • THBuildingSkin512.tga
    56.5 KB · Views: 91
  • B1.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 166
  • B2.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 175
  • B3.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
You never get tired of that sentence, do you Elenai? :p

@ElfSilver lord: It's looking great!!! Sorry about the wrap, it wasn't the most genial thing ever, exactly... :p And the cross-over between the last section and the others are terribly unwrapped, sorry. :D:D:D the Smudge is ok, it's not noteceable on the model, but the cross-over from the last section and the others are, you can see the bad unwrapping in the forst post.(Check the pic. to see what I mean.

@FireEffect: I'm attaching the skins to the first post, just take it from there, maybe I'll make a poll about which to use, or just decide, dunno.

Attachments

• Terrible Unwrap of TH.bmp
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Time for da review!

The model isn't that bad, 700 polies is pure awesomeness for a Town Hall. Just by looking at this, I've seen you wanted to make a Town Hall infused with arcane powers, no? The skin is....... decent, it really does like like a Gay Palace of Doom. I see you haven't paid much time to the detail, and I hope that your skills in texturing will improve. I'm limited only to review the skin and the picture of the model ATM, and I hope that when you release it that I can review it better.

If I get the time, I could do the skin for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.