• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Minimap Preview Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i-14.jpg

Could someone tell me how to change the minimap preview? The only way I know is "Scenario/Options/Hide minimap in preview screens"
But I want to use an image instead of the "?".

Level 11
(Tutorial without of entering that link:)
The image must be 128x128 or 256x256 (of course you can use War3ModelEditor with Extras/Loading Screen Creator, but the file size will be over 100 KB, you can download WEU http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/, install (it wont affect anything), open WEU Enchancer (Autorun, dont know why it's named like that), click Create Image button and select an existing image - the program will draw borders and create a darkened version of the icon) TGA or BLP

Type in the imported file's custom path "War3mapPreview.(file's name extension)"
(You don't have to read the post below)
...(and above)

Last edited:
Level 11
it should be 128x128 or 256x256 btw. Find an image you like, open it in an image editing program (irfanview, gimp, photoshop), change it to the appropriate dimensions, save as a .tga file, import the image to your map using the import manager, click the use custom path box, and change the path to war3MapPreview.tga

Hope that helps.
Live long and make maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.