• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Preview (that Minimap Image for the Game Setup Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Dudes I tried every fucking thing from the tutorials and it doesn't work dudes. I need help, how to make a Minimap preview. I tried, I tired, so hard but it is never working. Can anyone here explain me very DETAILED what should I do ?

NOTES: I removed my in game minimap, it's all black.
Minimap Preview (for those who knows it by another name)is that tank-robot (instead of the game-minimap) *Example in the link below :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/umw-ancient-glacier-1-2-a-228454/

The screen displays the tank instead of the minimap

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Import an image of the same size and same format over the automatically generated mini-map image in the MPQ archive. It is not rocket science!

When using import manager the path must be identical to that of the generated minimap. If it is not then it will not replace it and so will not be used.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Could you enter in more details ? Or pictures showing what to do ? ploz.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
  1. Create a 256*256 image for your map's minimap.
  2. Convert it to the "BLP1" format (not BLP2 as that is for World of Warcraft so not supported by Warcraft 3) and save as a ".blp" file. BLP Lab can do the job. Both paletted and JPEG types work. Only 1 mipmap is needed and recommended (any more wastes space).
  3. Import the resulting ".blp" file into your map using the import manager of World Edit. This requires Frozen Throne expansion but if you do not have that by now you really should consider getting it.
  4. Change the file's path to simply "war3mapMap.blp". To clarify, this means it is in the root folder (no folder path) and is renamed to "war3mapMap.blp".
  5. Save the map.

Your mini-map will now be changed in game. It will also appear in the preview window as long as you allow it to (and are not using a preview image).

If you do not want to change the minimap image and instead simply alter the preview image then follow this tutorial. Although I have not used it myself, it sounds reasonable.

Level 7
  1. Create a 256*256 image for your map's minimap.
  2. Convert it to the "BLP1" format (not BLP2 as that is for World of Warcraft so not supported by Warcraft 3) and save as a ".blp" file. BLP Lab can do the job. Both paletted and JPEG types work. Only 1 mipmap is needed and recommended (any more wastes space).
  3. Import the resulting ".blp" file into your map using the import manager of World Edit. This requires Frozen Throne expansion but if you do not have that by now you really should consider getting it.
  4. Change the file's path to simply "war3mapMap.blp". To clarify, this means it is in the root folder (no folder path) and is renamed to "war3mapMap.blp".
  5. Save the map.

Your mini-map will now be changed in game. It will also appear in the preview window as long as you allow it to (and are not using a preview image).

If you do not want to change the minimap image and instead simply alter the preview image then follow this tutorial. Although I have not used it myself, it sounds reasonable.

As i know the imported picture must be a tga data, or do other data types work now too (since the last patch)?

Status
Not open for further replies.