• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im making a map (and have been for the last 2 or so months) and i wanna know if it is realy possible to use a custom interface border. Every time i set it as the menu border, the map wont load... anyting similar happening with any of u guys?

and...

is there a way of making a custom console? it says its encrypted in the war3.mpq, any way i can get around this?

Level 4
sorry i couldnt reply for ages, my internet was down

i got this file (UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\human-options-menu-border.blp) and edited it, then imported it, and when i tried to use it, the game crashed

iv tried overwriting the origional human border and making a new entry but it still wont work

hint: maby this has nothing to do with anything, but when i list the file using mpq2k it says it is compressed (C on the far left)

Level 13
Your problem may be the actual skin itself. Are you sure you made the skin to be exactly the same parameters as the original one? What happened to me recently, was that I tried using a custom texture without the exact parameters as the original and the World Editor crashed when I tried to open the map. Try editing the skin and make sure that it is the exact same parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.