• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Custom Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im making a map and I was just wondering how to add spells/abilities to a hero like in Custom Hero Wars. Where you buy an item and the item is converted into the hero ability.

Level 15
Don't have the editor infront of me but it would look sumthing like this:

Events
Unit - A unit buyes an item
Conditions
Item being manipulated equal to (ITEM)
Actions
Remove item being manipulated
Add (ABILITY) to triggering unit

Level 6
I have done this but I need the ability to not be learned already. What I mean is I want the ability to be added to the heroes "learnable" menu, not where he already has learned it. ...If that makes any sence.

Level 6
If you check out the map I posted a while back(Create-your-own-Hero-Dota-map), it uses that kind of system. Set the skills into variables and also use another variable to store their level. Example Skill1 = stormbolt, SkillLvl = 0. For hero skills, just give him dummy skills, like "First Skill"; when he learns it, give him Skill1, increase SkillLvl = SkillLvl + 1, then set the skill level of Skill1 to SkillLvl.

The only downside is they wont be able to view their selected skills when leveling up their skills. You can solve this problem by maybe adding an info tool to know their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.