• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Learning Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Apologies if i have double posted this but does anyone know how to trigger a hero to use the heroes unlearned skillpoints to learn it for his/her spells the spells are not exactly custom made they are just based of the default abilities inside the world editor so does anyone know how to trigger it?

Level 28
Wait..What if i want like the hero to learn the level 2 and 3 of that spell everytime the hero level's up?
If the hero already learned that spell before he levels up he will automatically level up that skill if you use the same trigger. Or, you can use a different trigger : Unit - Set level of YourSpell for (YourHero) to ((Level of YourSpell for (YourHero)) + 1)

Level 9
If the hero already learned that spell before he levels up he will automatically level up that skill if you use the same trigger. Or, you can use a different trigger : Unit - Set level of YourSpell for (YourHero) to ((Level of YourSpell for (YourHero)) + 1)
Are you meaning to say that for example i have a level 1 holy light of my hero paladin already learned but still level one and if i trigger it to "Learn skill for hero paladin : Holy light " will he automatically learn the holy light spell to level 2 until level 3?

Level 12
Unfortunately there is no way for him to "automatically" choose which skill and which level.
You have to hardcode "Hero <yourhero> - learn ablity <theoneyouwant>" and call it as many times as levels you want to learn.

For example, this will learn Holy Light lv3 :
  • Hero <Toto> - learn ablity <Holy Light>

Level 9
Unfortunately there is no way for him to "automatically" choose which skill and which level.
You have to hardcode "Hero <yourhero> - learn ablity <theoneyouwant>" and call it as many times as levels you want to learn.
For example, this will learn Holy Light lv3 :
So the hero will automatically learn Holy light to level 3 every time he gains an experience?

Level 12
How to make an AI for your map

Here is a very simple tutorial and/or template to work with AI. There are some good basic methods here.

As for the hero learn triggering, you can find help in this tutorial. There is method that shows at which states and with what conditions you should order the hero to learn a skill.

It's and old thread, but by a quick look it seems like it should work with the modern version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.