• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Arena Tournament v1.1 AI

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My Second Map
Hero Arena v1.1 AI
FIGHT TO DEATH
HOPE You Enjoy
Contents

Custom Hero Arena Tournament v1.1 AI (Map)

Reviews
22:34, 3rd Aug 2014 Orcnet: Lacking map description
Level 7
Review of Map based on Map Submission Rules

Map Description
Map description: Lacking. Add a little bit about choosing your hero abilities and increasing stats
Map title: OK
Author: OK
Features list: Not there. Add about random item drops, choosing ability
Short gameplay explanation: Not there.
Credits list: Not there.
Screenshots: Not there. Upload an in-game screenshot if possible.
Changelog: Not there (even if it is 1st version, put uploaded under 1.0)
Map Type+Category: OK
Protected Open Source: Not there. Is your map protect/open source?
Quest Log: Not there. Quest Log is not there meaning if u have any modes, users wont know about them
Fitting Title: OK
English Only: OK
Average quality Standard: OK but work a little bit. U spot opponents very quickly and from there it is obvious. Add a little twist
Efficient Triggering: Not much triggers

Gameplay

Good Points:
1. Building your own skill set. This enabled me to build combos like banish and burst damage, mirror image and critical. Lets adjust to the users taste.
2. Item drop. As soon as I saw items dropping on ground i immediately grabbed them. I once noticed the murloc had 2 ankhs of reincarnation but after i beat its ass 2 times it died. It had to revive once again right?

Bad Points:
1. The main hero pick does not count anywhere else except in the primary stats area. I suggest giving a passive to each hero with minor potential.
2. Why do I have to move the hero everytime to increase a stat? You can make a shop that sells stats. That would be more fast with maybe +5 stats.

Additional stuffs.
1. The main focus goes on killing the opponent only. SO u can make other damage factors like spikes on the ground so running after your opponent becomes tricky.

I would rate this map 2/5. Work a little bit more so I can vote for approval. I will change rating if you update the map.

Last edited:
Level 21
A good but still poor map. Here is my review:-

BAD POINTS:-
- I liked a bit the terrain in the arena, however it was completely flat and the part in which I choose my skills is only made with Rock tile and 0 doodads? You could have improved that part too
- I had a look at the Object Editor and my surprise was to see that there are 13 heroes, not only the 12 I saw in the Tavern. Next, all heroes have the score screen icon of the Paladin
- Now I asked myself "Why there are various heroes if I can choose their skills and I can change their stats?" The cooldown of all heroes is 2.00, the damage almost the same in all heroes so what is the difference if I pick Naga Summoner or Bloodfiend? All heroes are too similar to each other and why only one ranged hero?
- It is very boring to keep stepping on Strength/Agility/Intelligence circles of power 25 times to select my attributes
- Map description is totally lacking. You didn't explain anything about the game, how we customize heroes, what happens during the game...

SUGGESTIONS
- You could raise and lower a bit the arena to give it an uneven surface. Then, add some doodads in the picking part and use different tiles, not only Rock
- Create a second tavern so the 13th hero can be chosen and you can create more heroes (possibly some ranged ones because there is only one)
- You need to make all heroes different from each other. Different damage, different cooldown, different movement speed etc...
- Let every hero has his normal icon as score screen icon (because units do not have proper score screen icons as heroes do)
- To select the attributes, it's better to make tomes of Strength, Agility and Intelligence, that are sold at a merchant, which cost 1 lumber each. That would be faster and easier
- Take time to create a decent description because this one is unacceptable and lets you risk a rejection

OVERALL RESULT
In conclusion, this map is fine but requires some improvements for an approval. It doesn't worth a rejection, so I'll give this 2/5 and AWAIT UPDATE!