• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Arena Defense V.1.07

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Choose a hero, choose his abilities, defend your lane against creeps, and try your powers against your enemies heroes in the arena.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short Introduction:
1. Choose a hero by double-clicking him.
2. Choose three normal abilities and one ultimate.
3. Now you will fight creeps in your lane, 15 creeps spawn with a three second interval. 10 rounds for every race (Human/Orc/Night Elves/Naga/Undead).
4. Every fifth level is the time for the arena. Here, different modes can be set to alter the gameplay.

For the main site for Custom Hero Arena Defense, full changelog and more info go here: http://rotl.freeclanforum.com/

As always I would like you to inform me if you find any bugs or have tips on [email protected].

Balance:
*Frost Guard now dosn't trigger on illusions attack
*Halfed Rain of Fire's damage per wave & increased dmg/second by 5 per level
*Vampiric Attack now gives 12/14/16/18/20 % steal on attack (30% on level 5 before)
*Changed Infernals levels to 2/4/6 instead of constant 8
*Impale damage lowered to 100/125/150/175/200, stun on heroes lowered to 1,5 (from 2) seconds and stun on units improved to 3 seconds (from 2)
*War Stomp stun improved to 3 (from 1,5) seconds damage rebalanced to 100/125/175/225/300
*Illusions now take 250/225/200% damage instead of constant 300%
*Lowered Pulverize damage by 25 on all levels

Changed Stats Interferance:
*1 Strength now gives 19 hit points (from 25)
*1 Agility gives 1% attackspeed (from 2%)
*1 Intelligence now gives 13 mana (from 15)

Gameplay & Visual:
*Removes the number of creeps option sinced it made the game unbalanced
*Your hero is now selected when the arena starts
*Reduced Anya's model size
*Increased Fountain of Life's regeneration area
*Fixed some typos
*Changed player 9's interferance color
*Fixed all ultimates learn and cast hotkey (I had forgotten to change some to E)
*New Round timer decreaed from 45 to 35 seconds
*Time to choose hero reduced from 5 minutes to 4 minutes

Code/bug fixes:
*Fixed a bug with new teleport system
*Fixed a bug with Mirror causing Wand if Illusions to appear when it procs on infernals
*Fixed "Player has finished" bug
*Fixed the bug which could cause creeps to get stuck
*Fixed Natures Hand bug
*Fixed Berserk attackspeed

Keywords:
Custom, Hero, Arena, Line, Defence, Defense, Nobody_, Scientific, SwedishChef
Contents

Custom Hero Arena Defense V.1.07 (Map)

Reviews
00:06, 17th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Thanks. I know, this cant be fixed on a simple way because it happens when unit get stacked and they cant finish their order (they will stop). That is why i've added the stash in item area, one for each player with the ability to make the creeps move again.

Level 4
Okey :D but wont they wake up when they see you?? I will fix it to next update which will take a bit longer since all small buggs have been removed in b version and i want more bugs before i update again. But thanks for telling me!

Level 1
hey remember me!!
lots of things wrong with ur map that needs tweaking
  • Spelling
  • Heroes
  • Abilitys Overpowered
  • A bit Boring
  • needs custom heroes (check hivehorkshop duh!!)
  • more abilitys
  • general tweaking and balancing
:xxd: should be good after that@@:wink:

Level 4
Hi i remember you all comments are good but please tell me whats wrong?

hey remember me!!
lots of things wrong with ur map that needs tweaking
  • Spelling (were is it misspelled?)
  • Heroes (i have nerfed heroes since you tried last try the map again and check if they still are unbalance)
  • Abilitys Overpowered (which abilities? i have nerfed bash, mirror image)
  • A bit Boring (how can i make it more fun?)
  • needs custom heroes (check hivehorkshop duh!!) (okey :D)
  • more abilitys (will fix don't worry :thumbs_up:)
  • general tweaking and balancing (please tell me if there is any specific)
:xxd: should be good after that@@:wink:

Level 2
Thumbs up

I tested you'r map, it's pretty good so far. My suggestions:
First thing I noticed was the ultimate skills. Mine for the game was flame strike and it was severely underpowered. It took a couple seconds to cast and only did 45dps, I was doing much more than that with my normal attacks. Maybe add some more and make them "ultimate."

Next thing I would suggest is some custom skills. This may seem a daunting request, but even changing the animations and the the text in tool-tip with just the world editor would make the game more interesting. Of course, if you can use jass to make some nice custom skill it would rock ;)

I had trouble with the flyers for some reason, i think maybe they had evasion. I may have been ok with another skill selection but I noticed the others in game had the same problem. You might rebalance their evasion % or take it off altogether. Since they were flying I could not even use my Ult on them, of course I didn't want to in my case :p

Maybe a bit of interesting terrain would make the map more appealing as well. This is not one of my worries but your appealing to the masses and they like pretty things, but don't go overboard.

Another thing to make the arena more interesting would be some triggers that the heroes could make use of. Like a block we could step on to trigger a trap that an unwary opponent might be fighting on top of.

Good luck! I'll be sharing your map with my friend to get their feedback. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
I tested you'r map, it's pretty good so far. My suggestions:
First thing I noticed was the ultimate skills. Mine for the game was flame strike and it was severely underpowered. It took a couple seconds to cast and only did 45dps, I was doing much more than that with my normal attacks. Maybe add some more and make them "ultimate."

Next thing I would suggest is some custom skills.

I will fix it

I had trouble with the flyers for some reason, i think maybe they had evasion.

Nope no evasion, might be that i made them harder some have poison some have much dmg or attackspeed.

Another thing to make the arena more interesting would be some triggers that the heroes could make use of. Like a block we could step on to trigger a trap that an unwary opponent might be fighting on top of.

WOW, this is some good stuff!! Please give me more suggestion. Hmm shall i maby name if fun mode and you choose in start of game if you want it?

And thanks for sharing map!! I will make a big update now I'm working on it, i will see what your friends say (maby one arena fun mode:grin:) and others and then i will fix all then upload it.

Level 1
haha ok so i misspelled hiveworkshop i was in a rush right...
you saw that your spellings were without spaces, all grouped together and the names did not fit into the actual creatures spawning solve that pls
MIRRORS image was overbalanced remember i could win easily with that samuri
you may want to have mini games at some parts of the game to liven things up, look at skibis castle for inspiration, general balncing, auto moving creeps, when players leave make the lane stop spawning (remember that!!) improve all that and it will make it SOOO much better ;) thnxs

Level 4
okey. A new version comes out soon were i have balanced more (both heroes and abilities) you can choose to have fun-modes in the arena. Fun modes which im working with: Mine Field (Mines pop ut on the arena when they blow you are blow into the air and get dmg in %) i have a fire pit and a chaos mode. I have made some more abilities (some custom) and more will come.

Level 8
Import an picture with Tga fromat with your import mangier and change its path to war3mappreview.tga note that the file MUST be 256*256 pixels and must use 32 bit tga compression or something (its size must be 256kb)

There is a map preview is your terrain shot that is displayed when you select the map. This overwrites that with a picture. Most people will ignore maps that don't have a map preview. If you want give me a pick you want as a preview and I'll make it into a map preview....

Level 1
I downloaded your latest version (v 1.03) and it didn't let me or anybody else in the game choose their hero. Double clicking on any hero didn't work.

Level 1
I downloaded your latest version (v 1.03) and it didn't let me or anybody else in the game choose their hero. Double clicking on any hero didn't work.

You need player 1 (red) to setup game before you can select the heroes.
Player 1 (red) should have two different screens appear first to select teams and mode type.

Level 4
You need player 1 (red) to setup game before you can select the heroes.
Player 1 (red) should have two different screens appear first to select teams and mode type.

yepp you need one player 1 to choose all the options. You can't play solo on this version because you no one against you in the arena.

Im working on 1.04 there i have added: 25 new levels, cool terrain, lots of bug fixes and balancing

Anything more you want in the new version?? A new fun mode etc.

Level 4
Epic Failure Glitch....

Ok Every version time i host 1.03 Version (Which is only one out i beleive)

When FIRST Arena comes, it works fine, but then once everyone dies and one person is left, it doesn't end, i call this glitch the "Duel Bug"

Anyway, it prevents players from moving onto the next Race Waves... thus enforcing a RM, or just giving up.

Can you please fix this, or at least add a -debug command which fixes it... Because this game is quite fun and it has great potential, but this glitch is withholding it imo.

- SuperCoke

Level 4
okey great, i 'luv' hearing thoose comments more please =). Which server do you play on and which nickname?? Got any email were i can contact you when it's time for testing?

Ehm I got a sudden kick some time ago so im making totaly new ultimates and other spells, custom made. I will finish them before next beta map, so do anyone have any ideas for abilities??

E: i got email about a reply which read 'i wouldnt mind beta testing, i luv the map' but it isnt showing now :/. Well well i will look later.

Level 4
I also thought about that but then i realised giving 1 extra target is like giving the unit 200% damage all the time. But i got another idea maby make a passive were it is a % chance that it will attack more units??

Btw, i have remade all items now also. New items are epic.

Level 8
hey i got your map, and im gonna host it right after this post cant wait!

EDIT: Ummm wtf? i just hosted, and immeditly full house... so i was all happy , but. EVERYONE dled and left? there may be something wrong with your map, or ppl just dont like me