• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Game Interface Values Arent Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
When I try to change a value in my map in the Game Interface window, the values are set to default when saving.

Ive tried many times and made sure to click OK so the values would save. Im not sure exactly whats going on. Ive searched several forums and there are even people with the same problem. The custom values are set back to default when saving or testing the map, and I cant seem to know why. I dont want to start over on the map either because Im pretty far in development. :\

Someone help me.
Reward: +rep

Relative Thread: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1264375

EDIT:
Sorry I made a mistake. When I save or test the map the custom values are still there, but when in-game the values are set to default as if I never even modified any of them.

EDIT2: And yes I can customize Game Interface values in my other maps, just not the map im working on right now :\

Level 4
I have the same problem, i dont know how to fix it. only, none of my maps can do this.
you can import over interface icons and sounds, and they will look different, but text can't be imported so, we're screwed on that one.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I had the same problem in my RPG, remember the last few things you done BEFORE it changed to normal WC3. In my map, I had to remove custom Loading Screen Text. I did it and now it works. Also, sometimes custom scripts can make Game Interface become like normal WC3.

The main thing is to remember everything you done in your map before that happened. Then just try to edit it, or even delete...

Nah, nothing is wrong with your War3. It happened to me too. I was making a map, Dragon Throne, and when I imported a custom font, the values in the interface just changed to normal.

You can do what that guy in The Helper said to do. Export all your object data and triggers, open up a new map, and import them. However, you will have to re-terrain and re-add units/doodads/cameras/regions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.