• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom game folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys!

I need a little help there. Since Reforged came out, I cannot play my custom maps anymore, which is weird 'cause I can still join others' games. Just yesterday, I did a Footmen frenzy, for instance. But my own maps no longer work.

When I select my map in the menu, it says the said map cannot be found on my computer and I only have one slot for player which I can't make anything of, while I should have four.

Do you guys have the same issue? Prior to Reforged, there was a "Maps" folder in the Warcraft III files but I don't see it anymore and wonder wether that's the problem. Where do you put your custom maps now?

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it a lot <3

PS: in order to try my game, I created a "Maps" folder myself to put my map, but that does not seem to suffice.

PS 2: since Reforged too, I can't find my screenshots of the game. Do you know where they're gone? I would have loved to attach a couple here!

Level 12
Maps in: 'C:\Users\<Your Name>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps"
Screenshots in: 'C:\Users\<Your Name>\Documents\Warcraft III\ScreenShots'

One possible solution (Not tested) is if you are still having issues it might help to make sure there is no 'Maps' folder inside your Warcraft install directory.
Another issues may arise if you have multiple Warcraft version installed, though this is speculation on my part, it might mess with the registry and cause problems with finding maps.

Level 8
Maps in: 'C:\Users\<Your Name>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps"
Screenshots in: 'C:\Users\<Your Name>\Documents\Warcraft III\ScreenShots'

One possible solution (Not tested) is if you are still having issues it might help to make sure there is no 'Maps' folder inside your Warcraft install directory.
Another issues may arise if you have multiple Warcraft version installed, though this is speculation on my part, it might mess with the registry and cause problems with finding maps.

Thanks a lot! That's so weird as I have the game on my E disk! But you're right, the folders are there :eek: Have a great day <3

Status
Not open for further replies.