• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom effect/abilitie/buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is probably a noob question, but, how do i make custom effects/abilities/buffs?
I mean, i know i can copy & paste an allready existant abilitie, but, what if i want it to have certain things that the copied abilitie doesnt?
Im not sure if i've explained well, if not, let me know...

Level 5
I don't think that you can create a custom like that. I see what your saying. You want to create an ability completely from scratch so that you can decided what exactly you want it to do. Unfortunately you can't. You have to alter existing abilities by changing it's effect, buff, ect. Triggering plays a large role in creating fancy custom abilities as well. I hope this answer your question.

Level 7
Yes, thank you Palermo1, but then, per expample in Dota, Faceless Void has a cutom abilitie, he creates a little sphere and stops time... i think the guys from DotA created that abilitie, since its not native on him... ¿how to do that? I mean, ¿are all spells on DotA native or aritficial?

Level 9
Just add the unit(s) you dont want to be paused to a unit group.
Do the "Pause all units" thing and then "Unpause all units in NoPauseUnits group" or w/e it was.

Level 9
Yer, but if it's a map like DotA, both of those time stops fail. As units spawn, they won't be effected...

Status
Not open for further replies.