• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How To Create A Custom Buff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HI, i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to map makeing and well i dont know if you even can do what i want to but now i'll just ask you :)

How do i create my own custom buff ? :grin:

Level 16
Seas =)

A buff? You mean the small infos, that shown up if you cast something on someone. Simple =O

Let's thing you have create your own spell based on Thunderclap. Now you go to the "buffs/effects" tab (in the Object Editor). Now click "New Custom Buff/Effect". In the new window you search for Thunderclap and enter a name you want. Now you can change the buff (icons, text - whatever).
[ - You need the buff that's created to the matching ability ( Thunderclap = Thunderclap, Inner Fire = Inner Fire... you know ) - ]

Now back to the "Ability" tab (in the Object Editor), go to your ability and search for: "Stats - Buff" and replace this current buff with your own =)

[ - Hope you mean that with buff not a buff like a spell that's casted on a friendly unit that gives some positive extras - ]

Level 2
well thanks but i mean like, i have a spell called Bear Blood and i want a buff that when i Cast it there comes something like a blood stream around the target i casted it on but there aren't anything like that so i want to know if i can make anything from the bottom, or allmost :)

Level 9
Well if I understood it right all you have to do is this:
Change these values of the corresponding BUFF>
Art- target(for the effect that you want) and Art-Target Attachment point(this is where the effect would appear on the affected unit;probable values could be origin(base of the unit directly below it),overhead(directly on top) etc.)

Level 14
For a blood dripping effect, have a search on Hive Workshop's "Models" section and give a search for Blood or something similar.

There's gaurenteed to be a special effect for that somewhere. Import it into your map (there's a tutorial link on every custom spell effect page) and then add that to the Art - Target field of your custom buff.

Level 2
For a blood dripping effect, have a search on Hive Workshop's "Models" section and give a search for Blood or something similar.

There's gaurenteed to be a special effect for that somewhere. Import it into your map (there's a tutorial link on every custom spell effect page) and then add that to the Art - Target field of your custom buff.

okay thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.