• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Doodad Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am making a map, and for it I need some specific doodads, basically I need to convert some of the Xel'naga Ship doodads to be used for Protoss tech.

I tried two ways to do this.

Texture Replacement
The first was the obvious editing the textures, but unfortunately that appears to do nothing. For the 4 xelnagahullplates textures I exported and changed them all, and then reimported them to the same paths, but it didn't seem to do change anything. When I viewed the previews odf the original textures, it showed the new overwriting textures, but the doodads did not change.

Custom Doodad Colour
This is by far a much simpler, and more promising options. It also yielded more pleasing results, and doesn't take up all that space.

But here is the problem; in the editor it all displays fine, and looks great, but then for some weird reason in game, it just shows the normal doodad :(

It should look like this:
Gold.png

But in the game it looks like this:
Black.png

Basically I am hoping that someone has any sort of idea about what might cause this, or some other way I can achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.