• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom carrion swarm cannot damage ally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a map which is a tank war map, i don't want any auto attacking so i'm using carrion swarm where the projectile doesn't grow in size it just stays at 100 and travels 1000 distance, i want team killing to be allowed but for some reason even when setting the targets to accept allied and friend, the ability won't damage them, how to i fix this?

Level 8
post your trigger
  • Team mate attacked
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Attack
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering player) is an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 70.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
  • [TRIGGER]
and at this exact second i released triggering player is an ally of triggering player is why it won't work

EDIT: nvm i changed it and it still won't work :/

If you Map has only 5 Players, you could use a fake player for each Player which is allied with the Casting Player but regards anyone else as enemie.
This Fake player does the Carrion Swarm, so there is Friendly Fire.

If you Map has more than 5 Player, well than you need a Missile System, there are some good and "easy to use" on hive.

Level 8
If you Map has only 5 Players, you could use a fake player for each Player which is allied with the Casting Player but regards anyone else as enemie.
This Fake player does the Carrion Swarm, so there is Friendly Fire.

If you Map has more than 5 Player, well than you need a Missile System, there are some good and "easy to use" on hive.
I'll have a look at some missile systems, thanks for the info

Level 17
You pick every unit in playable map area that doesnt have ability xy every 0.01 seconds and add ability xy to the unit (i guess so that it wont be added to the group again) and also add all of those units to a damage event trigger. However, your trigger still continues to run and creates/destroys a group every 0.01 seconds even if the ability is not used.

Level 8
THe Missile system? Seriously? Have a mercy, you don't need so complicated system.
i tried to import your triggers into my map but it did not work,

EDIT: Never mind, i'm looking at the triggers now and somehow in the process of copying all of your triggers, it replaced a bunch of ability checks with random abilities for some unknown reason, i fixed it though, thank you for the help man :D

RE-EDIT: okay so apparently not fixed, i got the triggers working fine except now there is no damage being dealt, i've checked you triggers line by line and i can't spot anything wrong, (Pretty sure it's because i'm terrible at spotting these things) can you have a look at the map?

Attachments

• Tanks.w3x
    611.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 8
I'd have to agree with @GIMLI_2 on this one. Assuming what he said is true, then those triggers would be horribly inefficient.
Do you have a better means of doing this, if so i'd gladly welcome any help

EDIT: so i come up with this trigger which works exactly how i want it to and it doesn't use too much, it's compact but the only issue is it creates the dummy unit with an offset of 100 towards the facing angle of the casting unit, this means that when the dummy unit casts the ability, it also damages you as well as your target if you are facing the opposite direction of your target when you cast the ability, i want to make it create the dummy unit with an offset towards the target of the ability but i can't seem to do that.
  • Damage Allies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Attack (Triggering)
    • Actions
      • Set POS1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set POS2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit (Dummy) for Neutral Hostile at (POS1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) facing (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set DummyUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Attack (Damage) to DummyUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Unit - Order DummyUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove DummyUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] from the game

Last edited:
Level 11
Do you have a better means of doing this, if so i'd gladly welcome any help
I didn't know you used tanks.
So there is an improved variant.
TIPS:
1) DestroyGroup must be outside "Pick every unit" action. You paste it inside the action. (Fixed)
2) Don't add the AA Damage Deal Check Ability in the World Editor. The game automatically added it to all units ingame.
3) Dummy Swarm doesn't hit mechanical units. I changed "available targets" in the Object Editor and added Mechanical.
4) Dummy Swarm bullet looks odd because the bullet is slicing on the bottom. I added additional Dummy unit which launch the bullet comparing with height of cannon of dual cannon tank.
5) DOn't forget to check commentary in the DETECT DAMAGE trigger.

Attachments

• Tanks.w3x
    614 KB · Views: 45
Level 8
I didn't know you used tanks.
So there is an improved variant.
TIPS:
1) DestroyGroup must be outside "Pick every unit" action. You paste it inside the action. (Fixed)
2) Don't add the AA Damage Deal Check Ability in the World Editor. The game automatically added it to all units ingame.
3) Dummy Swarm doesn't hit mechanical units. I changed "available targets" in the Object Editor and added Mechanical.
4) Dummy Swarm bullet looks odd because the bullet is slicing on the bottom. I added additional Dummy unit which launch the bullet comparing with height of cannon of dual cannon tank.
5) DOn't forget to check commentary in the DETECT DAMAGE trigger.
Thank you SOOOO much, i'm so excited to get this map finished and uploaded, :D thank you again

Level 11
Thank you SOOOO much, i'm so excited to get this map finished and uploaded, :D thank you again
Your cluster rocket ability looks odd. here is much better variant. it uses dummy units to cast cluster rockets from the missle packs of your tank. Plus you can set the damage you want in the USE CHANNE ABILITY trigger

Attachments

• Tanks.w3x
    616.9 KB · Views: 47
Level 8
O-h-h-h It's better to use missle system then. If i'm not mistaken I uploaded Arrow Shot System for you where you can set bullet distance, area of effect and damage.
Is there really no way to increase the range of the attack?

EDIT: Even in dummy swarm when I increase Distance, it doesn't change how far the projectile model goes, but it seems to damage units further away even if the projectile doesn't reach the unit, interesting.

Last edited:
Level 11
EDIT: Even in dummy swarm when I increase Distance, it doesn't change how far the projectile model goes, but it seems to damage units further away even if the projectile doesn't reach the unit, interesting.
It because there is invisible bullet caused by Dummy Swarm ability but it deals damage on hit (its distance depends on Object editor settings of Dummy Swarm) AND there are visual bullets which you need change in BULLET ATTACK trigger (see point[7] and point[8] offset paramaters, they affect on visual bullet.)
Your task is syncrhonize distance of Dummy Swarm with distance of point[7] and point[8].

Level 11
Is there really no way to increase the range of the attack?

Hey I found the template of arrow shot system. And I implemented it into Tanks map. Now you can set: Damage, Hit Area, Distance, Speed, Penetration. The distance of bullets depends on Distance between position of unit and point of Attack ability (but the max distance depends on Attack distance in the Object Editor)

Attachments

• Tanks + ARROW SHOT SYSTEM.w3x
    620.8 KB · Views: 21
Level 8
Hey I found the template of arrow shot system. And I implemented it into Tanks map. Now you can set: Damage, Hit Area, Distance, Speed, Penetration. The distance of bullets depends on Distance between position of unit and point of Attack ability (but the max distance depends on Attack distance in the Object Editor)
wow i'm actually very impressed, thank you for all the help man :D

Status
Not open for further replies.