• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaigns coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Now since the bnet file size has been drastically increased to 128gb, will we be seeing more of the already available custom campaigns in THW but in coop mode, with multiple players?
Would anyone be interested in expanding their campaigns and making them available in coop?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't believe people felt limited by file sizes when making those coop campaigns by @TheSpoon and friends.
The file size update might still have a huge impact.

Long time ago, when I still played self-made maps with friends, I also created coop-types of maps.
I was forced into editing the mpq files, sending them to all included, so we could play the map.
Only because of, I dunno, 1 or even less MB.

8MB is very restrictive if you want to use custom resources.

Last edited:
Level 25
Well the biggest struggle you'd have would be to extract the models and editor settings from the campaigns, as a lot of them use the campaign editor for objects and imported models.
Then putting them into each map and then working with the save codes.

Level 16
I wrote 128gb since 128mb seemed too low in my mind *cringe*.

I understand that it wouldn't be the most practical thing to do, I was just wondering if it would revive the Warcraft community more. Feeling nostalgic is all. :)

Level 25
Oh it would be really cool if we could make coop campaigns out of the already existing ones.

If anyone knows an auto extractor of files from the campaign importer into say a mpq, please tell me and I will gladly make coop out of my work! :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
If anyone knows an auto extractor of files from the campaign importer into say a mpq, please tell me and I will gladly make coop out of my work! :)
You can use mpqmaster to extract the files from the campaign (they will be in folders matching their path) and then open the mpq and import the folders.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.