• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Banner Model with Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello !

For a long time have I tried to find a nice banner that can easily be customized but cannot find a satisfying one. The idea behind the banner I would like to make is I think quite easy to make, but I truly suck at modeling :). It would be as followed:

-A base banner as the Human Banner doodad (variation 2) without the flag part, but with an attachement spot as a replacement

150914-albums6940-picture107813.png

-A rectangular(not weirdly shaped as the human flag) with its own texture (a small .blp). It would be then attached to the previously made piece of wood from its top part, so it should have the same size as the Human Flag from the Human Banner (so it fits nicely), and with its animation if possible.

It would give a very customable banner with very small size where you just have to copy the flag model and change the texture path to make a new one.
My goal here is to attach some of these flags (with alpha filters etc...) for my ROME II Total War map (that I know how to do); but I am sure it would be used by other people !

150914-albums8109-picture107812.jpg

Then, an alternative of the model would be the very same as the Human Banner with rectangular flag and with an other texture/wrapping for the flag part (texture which would be the same size (shape) as the texture of the "only flag" model so the .blp can be used twice).
I would actually need both kinds of banner ^^

Thanks a lot for checking the forums !

Last edited:

N41

N41

Level 7
Tried it.
Haven't tested ingame, so test on blank map first.

How to customize.
  • You will need to make all flags images like this of 256x256 -

attachment.php

• Convert all flags to blp using BLP Lab and name accordingly (for example I named this as "armenia.blp")
  • Use Mdx->Mdl and convert this to mdl
  • Open with notepad and replace "armenia.blp" with respective flag name and save
  • Then convert back to Mdx once again and you are done! Don't forget to rename.

Attachments

• BannerHuman2_Ed.mdx
    4.6 KB · Views: 211
  • armenia.blp
    58.9 KB · Views: 127
  • armenia.png
    armenia.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 637
Woaaaaaaw !! Thank you soooooo much !!! (well btw it's way more efficient to make them 128x128 directly; they only weight 20ko ;))
I didn't use the converters but only Model Editor (I find it much more practical!) with which i changed the model a bit

I'll use these in the map :
150914-albums8109-picture107820.png

But as you can see, it is a bit stretched in the left corner due to the original shape of the flag. Do you know if you could fix it ???

Thank you soooooo much again !!

Btw : I did put the whole set in a .rar and the roman one solo :)

EDIT: Ow and I didn't see it at first but there is a slight problem : when tha angle is between 0 and 180°, the flag disapear :( do you know how can it be fixed ?? (it doesnt happen with the classic HumanFlag) :
150914-albums6940-picture107822.jpg

EDIT: Problem fixed ;)

Attachments

• FunWithFlags.rar
    313.2 KB · Views: 166
  • BannerRome.mdx
    4.6 KB · Views: 148
  • FlagRoman.blp
    21.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Let's play a game called 'Spot the difference'.

Hint: The filter mode is not what you need to look for.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Should be self explanatory now.
You need this tool to change it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You are welcome!

Oh, you considered it condescening ? It is indeed that direction, I agree,
but wasn't meant that way, excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.