• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Armies Test Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I've made a map for the purposes of learning AI in the sort of scenario I want to learn it in. (Custom campaign style armies with an AI ally and AI enemies that fight each other with the player helping the friendly AI beat the hostile AI.)

However, in preparation for learning custom AI stuff, I have already spent about 12 hours just making the custom armies and techtrees and so on and I want to make sure it is all working. I also decided that it would be a fun map to play with friends by just removing the computer plays and letting real people play as Alliance vs Horde.

I have extensively tested it so I am hoping I haven't missed anything, but there are 3 custom armies that I want to make sure are working.

(1) The high elf army which is, as you might imagine, all high elf units.
(2) The human/"normal Alliance" army which is essentially just normal humans without high elf units.
(3) The Horde Warcraft 2 style so I have replaced all jungle trolls with forest trolls, replaced all tauren with ogres, and replaced shamans with warlocks.

Would anyone mind testing it for me? As I intend for the high elves to be the player race it's most important that they work, but really everything needs to work so I would be pleased if folks wouldn't mind testing all 3 armies.

(In case you are wondering, I am still going to use this map for learning AI stuff and intend to build it into a 1 off single player map. But I'll get to that next. Right now I have left melee AI on but they don't really know how to act with the custom armies and heroes.)

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I have a few custom heroes. Most are just slightly edited. So we have Orgrim Doomhammer who is basically just a mountain king with recarn as his ulti, but I am pleased with my work on the troll warlord to replace the shadow hunter and the warlock to replace the far seer. I encountered some serious issues when trying to create their custom abilities but I believe I overcame them and they should be working properly.

The warlock has forked lightning, life drain, and doom as standard spells, but I also created a custom spell for him which is to summon fel hunters. Now, this is a modified version of feral spirits, but I am still happy with it as I feel it suits a warlock quite well and it was quite hard for me to get it working properly.

The troll warlord has acid bomb, trueshot aura, and voodoo spirits. His last ability isn't exactly a custom ability, but I had to modify it HEAVILY to get it to work. His last ability is berzerker rage which is a modified version of chemical rage. The bugs involved included the relatively minor error of cosmetically turning him into the Goblin Alchemist for the duration of the effect to outright turning him into the Goblin Alchemist when the spell ended or resetting his hero level to 1 without the ability to pick spells. Now, I BELIEVE, it is working, but please let me know if it is not! Lol. It was probably the buggiest thing I dealt with.

Attachments

• (1) Booty Bay AI Testing v1.w3m
    145 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.