• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Armies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This question is probably a very old one, and the answer to it may be virtually common knowledge, which may explain why I am having trouble finding any information on it.

What is the simplest way to set up some custom armies for a match of warcraft 3 with my buddies? It's the army selection I'm worried about, as I know how to create the armies themselves.

I know that you can't handle the army selection in the lobby, but that's fine so long as the process in game is relatively clean.

As a walkthrough of the problem:
- my friends and I enter the lobby of the game
- We set up the teams, and click start game.
- Each of us is now sitting next to 5 peasants and a town hall of the one of the four basic races. What is the cleanest way to replace this town hall and the peasants with the custom army base and workers for each player? There will probably be more than one army to choose from.

Sorry and thanks in advance, I know this question must be old. Any help would be very much appreciated.

-echo

Status
Not open for further replies.