• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with Entering Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello. I have problem with Unit Enters Region in the event. It seems that when I run a game and a unit enters region, and when I created more peasants, the trigger added other town hall and 5 peasants again, and then the game got froze, looks like it kept repeating because of second town hall and other 5 peasants dropped into as a Unit Enters Region, and it repeats, and repeating, caused a game to froze. I have 6 players total need to be fixed. This is one of each player. 6 players, 6 triggers. How do you make the event to be this "Owner of Player 1 Enters Region"? How do you make it one time? Not repeating, you know? Thanks. Here the picture of my trigger and see if you can see any problem that caused the units to be repeatly created forever and caused the game to be crashed.

upload_2019-12-6_3-46-54.png

upload_2019-12-6_3-47-40.png

Level 12
Because when you create new units, they also "enter" the map, thus retriggering the event. A quick fix is to disable trigger as the first action, then enable trigger as the last action.

Level 7
did you solve this yet?
your trigger entry unit at the same time creating them on that region (Point1)
Try to make new region like spawn region as your Point1 variables..

so if you enter start location you only trigger it once..
then your condition should have a hero as true, not to trigger by your units or peasants..

and remove point1 after spawning them

Level 7
you can either disabled the trigger after the first run or make it so that only 1 specific unit activates this trigger by setting up a condition that checks the triggering unit

Status
Not open for further replies.