• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Animations if no items are equipped with an inventory system (Witcher's MUI Multiboard Inv6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I apologize if this is a stupid question, I'm just not good with my JASS yet by any means, but long story short I was hoping maybe someone could help me out with this because honestly I've never used or messed with custom/unit animations before either:

I have a model I've added unarmed attack animations to, (punches, kicks, etc.) and an inventory system I have implemented into the map, I would just like the Hero Unit with the inventory to use the unarmed animations when there isn't a weapon currently equipped via the system, (and or possibly say there are like handheld weapons, brass knuckles, Diablo style assassin/monk weapons, it could use the punching animations as well.)

Now that I think of it I could use this knowledge to apply different animations for different weapon types, (2-handed weapon animations, you'd probably use a quarter-staff differently than a claymore, etc.) So I would LOVE to have a hand with this because needless to say that would make a map look and feel a little smoother and I would be incredibly grateful!

Inventory System: The Witcher's MUI Multiboard Inventory V6.0 - MUI Multiboard Inventory/Equipment System v.6.0

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
I've never edited a model's animations before but I imagine all you have to do is name the animations as something like "Attack Alternate".
Then add and remove animation tags via triggers.
  • Animation - Add the alternate animation tag to (Your Hero)
Search up "Animation Tags" on here to find the names you can use. I know I've seen: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Alternate. I imagine all you have to do is name the animations to match these, or maybe there's an animation tag option in the model editor. If I knew more about animating models I'd be able to give you a better answer, but I think this should lead you in the right direction.

Example: adding the "defend" animation tag to a footman causes it play it's defend animations instead of the normal ones, which are named Stand Defend, Walk Defend, and Attack Defend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.