• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cursed Monk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is my first Terrain Art picture, so all comments, suggestions and criticism
is welcome. This Picture name is "Cursed Monk"
Cursed Monk.jpg

Update 1:
Changed fog, add and removed some doodads.

Last edited:
Level 15
Oh wow lawl, i've never seen an interior terrain piece before. I'm not sure how much help I can be ^-^

I think it looks very cool. I don't like the gold statue in the background or the red flowers b/c they dont' fit the color scheme very well and distract from everything else.

Level 7
@ Raven0

Thanks for feedback. I will consider removeing those doodads if other dont like then also, because im my opinion they fit. That's because the red flowers brings up the bloody history of this house(you may see, if you look carefully, that there are corpses all around the pic. ) and statue shows that he was a rich monk before he went to the dark side.

Again thanks.

Level 7
@ Razma

Thanks also. If you all think so then i shall remove some of things, but let me say, this is interior, but its not real, its kinda science - fiction, so some of those things make it little bit spooky, ghosty, mistery. The picture was supose to be a ghost house type building.

Level 18
like i told you on msn put som potions in the bookcase xD and besides that you might wana change the fog to somthing dark o and i had a suggestion (since im a perfectionist i also thing about the little things wich in this point could be a effect at the book the blue guy is reading like its a magic book or somthing) anyway hope this was a bit usefull my friend :p o ye let me make you happy with a chocolate cookie baked by DR. House

Those doodads look waaaaay too randomly placed.
For example the stake going throw the table, the head on a stake/spear on the table and etc.
The platform where the Monk is standing, it just doesn't fit in.
Nevertheless, the terrain isn't boring but lacks in proper doodad placement, or those the Monk only have bad taste.
You should play with lighting and try to make some cool stuff, for example, why does the Monk have to be in a room? Maybe he could be in some Chamber of Time (for example), and there goes on your imagination about the rest. If he's cursed, he could be in some freaky black hole/galaxy/bloody looking room.
I don't have actual feedback because I don't have much ideas for this type of a terrain. I can only see the flaws, hope it helped. :p

Level 7
@ Oziris

Thanks for feedback. Now when i look it through your eye i agree, that some of doodads are randomly placed, but for your Chamber of Time idea etc, i dont agree with you, cause this wasn't them theme of this pic. I guess i need to edit description, cause lot of you dont see what i see. The picture needs to be horror movie and science fiction style, so i cant make it too fantasy. I will see what i can do with random doodads. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.