• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overgrown Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Now when terraining contest is over, i have time again to start terraining. So here is my vision of overgrown jungle. Added 3 version, cause they all look good IMO, but let me know which one is best. Critisism, comments, ideas are welcome.

Mighty Jungle.jpg Mighty Jungle ver1.0.jpg Mighty Jungle ver2.0.jpg

Update 1:
Made some changes. Different fog, walkingpath now dirt, backround changed tiny pit, removed some of doodads to make it look less nature spam and some other minor changes.
Mighty Jungle ver4.0.jpg

Critisism, comments, ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
Lets see:

1. Even for a jungle this is way too randomly spammed.

2. The third picture is the best.

3. The road is just, uh. Also I don't recall seeing roads in overgrown forests. Anywho, replace it with dirt and grass.

4. You shouldn't use more then three tree types. The one on the right is really out of place.

5. Try adding leafs on the top of the world trees.

6. Some ferns stick out, try tinting them into one colour.

7. Trees don't grow on hills that are 90 degrees!

8. A more depth background with a lots of trees.

9. The fog could use some adjusting, too toxic ATM!

10. Flying doodads such as mushrooms.

11. Use some custom rocks.

12. What's up with the rune rock? >.<

Hope it helped. :)

Level 16
They all seem really good! The one on the right could be use for a darker themed map with the use of fogs. The middle one seems really calm, with the sunlight shining upon the forest, and the one on the left, just seems normal for a night jungle with the moonlight shining upon the forest. They are all good, depending on what theme you're going to be using it for.

Level 7
@ Oziris

Ofc it helps, cause im not so great terrainer yet, then critisism is very welcome. I see what i can change, cause you pointed out lot of things which could be changed. Btw, can you suggest me, what kind of custom rock would be better. High res rocks? or something else.

@ light bolt
Thanks for admiring and encouraging.

Looks better but why is there a cactus on the left? It looks empty in front, fill it up. Maybe you can add some stars and a caravan passing by!

Edit:
Some of the flowers/grass is too bright!
Some of the spots are empty!
Some of the terrain looks messy!
Lower down those rocks to remove the 2D rocks.
You can try using a different tiles.

Pic.

Attachments

• Mighty Jungle ver4FIX.JPG
    Mighty Jungle ver4FIX.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.