• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Midnight Dream River

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Yea, i know its another monochromatic picture, but i cant help it, i have weakness against this kind of pictures, so i made another one. Inspire came from Canon calender 2011 "Symphony of Colors" where there was very good fotographic picture made from Tuolumne river at sundown.

midnightdreamriver.jpg

Midnight Dream River.jpg

You may ask why is there so thick fog at right, well its made like this, so it would look like fog is coming from right.
Comments, critisism, ideas are welcome.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Sorry, not at all as appealing as the last one.

The least appealing, apart from the mentioned river edges, is the overall lighting.
The glow models looks quite randomly placed and spammed. The clouds are also quite spammed I'd say.

Overall it doesn't look incredibly crappy, just a little off.
Also, I hope you won't resort to making only silhouette terrains. They do look good, but they are quite easily made boring if you see too many of them.

Level 7
Well, the worst thing is the river edges..
Try to make them little smoother, and maybe some water ripples?

Edit: Noticed the ripples just now, but something is still amiss.

Ok i try to change the edges, but need to think way to make them more smoother, cause atm i used rock models for that..

The sky's reflection in the water doesn't look good. But you can't help it I guess. Some of the trees could use reflection and the blackness in the bottom right is annoying and the waves kind of ruin it. Other then that I like it.

Sadly yes i cant change the view of water reflection. I will see what i can place in the bottom left.

Sorry, not at all as appealing as the last one.

The least appealing, apart from the mentioned river edges, is the overall lighting.
The glow models looks quite randomly placed and spammed. The clouds are also quite spammed I'd say.

Overall it doesn't look incredibly crappy, just a little off.
Also, I hope you won't resort to making only silhouette terrains. They do look good, but they are quite easily made boring if you see too many of them.

Well im not happy also with the outcome but i had necessity to make an another one of this type of picture. But seems you can make everything as great as the others are, right? xD Glow models are actually not spammed i placed most of them with thoughs( with not very good one seems xD). And if you can call 2 clouds model as spam, then yes it is an spam. And noi wont continue to just make thse kind of pictures, just had a interest atm, but not anymore.

Thanks everybody for comments.

Level 9
i don't like the waves they don't fit in with terrain but rest is brilliet
-----
if u do not understand wat i mean heres the breif explanation:the waves atthe start of river is blue it should be purp or not even be there----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.