• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Curiosity of life - How is the process of spell/skill creation in a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old

old

Level 6
Ok, here, in war 3 WE, when we create our spells, we make it all alone, using wc3 effects and mechanics to make it, but my question here is: How does it work in a GAME DEV process the skill/spells creation?
1 - Everyone in development process gather in a room and make everybody togheter?
2 - One guy have the idea of a spell, how does he show to his colleagues what he want?
3 - If tank-commander wants to create Helios Collision in a game dev process, how does he make sure that the Devs will make it right? He draws in a paper? (like stages creation in dev process, yes, to create stages in game development process first it's drawn in a paper).
4 - A game like DC universe online or lol that you have more than 100 spells and you need to divide de functions (Example: DC universe online one team is responsable for the Fire spells, other one is for Earth, other ice, etc), how to make sure that producer's or director's wishes will be surely done?

I didn't find a good forum to ask this, this was the better place to ask i found.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Speaking as someone entirely external to that field...

I believe, aside from the old standbys that *everyone* uses (conversations, sketching on paper/whiteboard, etc), that each company/team has its own proprietary software it can use to start "building" the game.
Heck, some companies even design that software themselves, "in-house". You can do *anything* with programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.