• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crimecraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Blizzard has finally revealed it's latest and greatest project EVER: it's like Grand Theft Auto meets Gears of War... and then some. And since it's a Blizzard game, it can only be known as "Crimecraft".

Lame puns aside, Crimecraft is going to be a Free-to-Play massively-multiplayer-online-third-person-shooter, with gameplay similar to Gears of War, but with modern day weapons and more gangsters than you can count. It's got sweet looking graphics, considering the game is free and all; I mean, it DOES run on the Unreal 3 Engine (which is totally sexy). I believe Vogster (the developer) truly has a game going that will bust a hole in World of Warcraft's cookie-cutter fantasy head.

It's got everything a game centered around crime needs: underground "performance enhancers" (drugs), gang-wars, bank robberies, and, if we're lucky, prostitution. Ok... maybe not prostitution, but it would be funny if they added it. We also got some fancy gangster houses and hide-outs to "chill" in, if you know what I sayin'.

The gunplay is based entirely around skill; although I'm not too sure about it yet, I believe that levels will affect what abilities you have, but not your health, and clothes don't affect damage resistance. Instead, skill with guns alone will determine victory in da' streets, and I pray to god that they're balanced.

And before I forget, here is a link to the official site. Just make sure you're 17 or older (or just fake your age, should you choose to) and hit "community". There you'll find a gameplay trailer and other sorts of media, which looks DAMN FINE!

So, will this gangster game make top dog in the realm of MMO's? I certainly think so. [Discuss]

Edit: I joined the closed beta, and I must say, it is pretty damn good. The world is pretty big and makes the game rather immersive, but feels more like a gimmick than an actual gameplay element. The combat is... slightly on the lacking side, since the starter weapon is basically a weapon you're meant to spray with, and you'll stick with it until you get enough money to buy some decent ones.

Last edited:
Level 34
I have my doubts that it will work.

As well, where did you get your info, all I get is coming soon?
No I will not be bothered to Google it, provide some links next time.

Level 15
Thats Vogster Entertainment, not blizzard. You goof.
I started my second paragraph with "Lame puns aside", and explained (maybe not so clearly as I thought) that Vogster is the developer.

MMORPG and FPS communities do not mix well.
It's more of a shooter than an RPG. The RPG elements are the PvE quests, inventory management, gang customization (guilds), and character customization.

I have my doubts that it will work.

As well, where did you get your info, all I get is coming soon?
No I will not be bothered to Google it, provide some links next time.
The same as what I said to Tyranid.

And by the way, if you would have looked carefully, you'd see that I provided nice convenient links wherever it says "here". There's an FAQ on the site (crimecraft.com, incase you can't find the links again...) which mentions the planned release date is in Spring. They are accepting applications to the closed beta, by the way.

Level 34
And by the way, if you would have looked carefully, you'd see that I provided nice convenient links wherever it says "here". There's an FAQ on the site (crimecraft.com, incase you can't find the links again...) which mentions the planned release date is in Spring. They are accepting applications to the closed beta, by the way.
I see one "here".

As I said, the site doesn't have much information, and everything is "coming soon". I just wanted more information, I figured you had other sites.

Level 15
That's not the genre that Vogster said it would be, by the way. It's just much closer to the point. The REAL genre is "PWNS" (Persistent World Next-gen Shooter).

Status
Not open for further replies.