• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creeps agro range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is a little hard to explain, what value do i have to change in the object editor to make it so creeps dont attack from so far away, like when i attack a monster im getting others from 250 attacking me (creeps are tightly packed in my game) how can i make it so only the ones from 100 or 150 attack me?

Level 2
combat : aquisition range. Change it for each individual creep, not the heroes. Also you can set up triggers to change the aquisition range for any event you require, eg. specific creeps in region or time of day

Level 8
That doesn't work. I've changed it several times and i havent noticed a change. I thought maybe i wasnt changing it enough to notice a differance, so i changed it to 1, they still attack as if it were still the standard 600.

Level 2
This is a unit editor tutorial definition of aquisition range -

Combat - Acquisition Range (Real)
The range at which a unit/building/hero will automatically look for targets, and move or attack the target as necessary. Note that the attacking range of a unit/building/hero can never be greater than its acquisition range (see Unit Editor field "Combat - Attack x - Range").

So it should be working. At an aquisition range of 1, does the distance from the first unit you agro change? maybe once you aggro one the standard AI alerts others within a specific distance and commands them to attack.

Level 8
no there is no noticeable difference with the aquisition range at 1 or 600. Maybe the acquisition range is different from the range a creep will move to attack a target when another creep is attacked, like maybe it has a different value in the object editor.

Level 8
I tried that earlier today, I changed it to 1, saved that map, and opened it again. I hit the test map button, but still no change. Im still getting creeps from about half the screen away heading in to attack the hero. Do you have to play the map from WC3 instead of WE to get the gameplay constants to init or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.