• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creep wave trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Not sure if im posting in the right spot, but...

How can i get creeps to respawn after they die? like in a creep defense game? I need a code that will allow the creeps to attack the base they are going to (since it will be 1P) but still get intercepted by the forces that will be on the corners of the base, defending, in the beginning. I need the creeps to level up every two waves, by one (im just going to use the Random unit spawn, much better that way). each wave is two minutes and you start off with a basic town.

Also I need some different codes for the same type of game... kind of. Instead of having a whole town at the beginning, you have some units at each corner, and a blacksmith, workshop and lumber mill (you play this as humans btw, both of these) how can i make it so after each two minute wave of creeps, units spawn in a region and you can distribute them where needed? (and each wave of creeps spawning needs to be like the description above.)

I think i covered everything... whoever makes both of these sets of codes will make me a happy camper! then i'll post the beta here for all to use =). (oh, and if someone knows any badarse defense games like basically what i want to make, please link them or something. ) I have already tried creating these triggers, unfortunately for me im still new to map making but I THINK i know the basics. (no JASS please, i dont want to download like ten things unless its ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY).

kj_

kj_

Level 5
  • Events
    • Player x's used food becomes 0
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Countdown-Timer - Start *your timer-variable* as a One Shot that will expire in 15.00 seconds
and for your spawntrigger, use the event

• Events
    • Time - *your timer variable* explires
Just change the one shot timers time xD This one worked for me

How can i get creeps to respawn after they die?

Level 28
In that case, i'd use a periodic trigger which spawns a creep every x seconds like
  • Events
    • Time - Every 20 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set temppoint = *spawnpoint*
    • Unit - Create 1 *unit* at temppoint for player x facing default building degrees
    • Set waypoint = *targeted location*
    • Unit - Order (last created unit) to attack/move to waypoint
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_waypoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.