• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waves walking back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi i have a serious problem whit my map when, waves spawn and we say they kill all heroes then they walk back to nearest spawn or checkpoint then start walking forwards the goal (goal is were i selected creeps to die)

The creeps are acting strange like if a hero dies they forget primary goal and need to get back were they came from to get same trigger order.

plz help me fix this so i can release my first final version of my map.

Attachments

• Still.png
    Still.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 120
  • die.png
    die.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 338
  • walking.png
    walking.png
    4 MB · Views: 153
Level 12
In order for us to help you, we need a few questions answered:
  • Are the creeps part of the Neutral Hostile team?
  • Post your triggers used in order to order them to move; Even better post the map.
  • Check to see if any triggers are interfering with the current move order

Level 5
Question: you pic says *unit enters region* then you pick a whole unit group to only say to the entering unit to move to a certain point.. why not simply issue the same order to the triggering unit? This way you call less functions and don't create a group leak..
About units moving somewhere back.. would it help to put units that enter a certain region into a unit group and periodically re-order that unit group to attack move to a certain point? -> When reaching the targeted point/region remove them from their previous unit group and instead add them to the next..
Downside is that with this periodic event creeps might lose their attack focus on their primary target and instead start attacking the next one in range.

Level 15
have u deleted the map int trigger????

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Level 4
have u deleted the map int trigger????

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Yes. fail of me to do that ?

Level 5
Sry, AI (articifial Intelligence) in english.. my world edit is half german half english. messing things up sometimes.

Level 9
Question: you pic says *unit enters region* then you pick a whole unit group to only say to the entering unit to move to a certain point.. why not simply issue the same order to the triggering unit? This way you call less functions and don't create a group leak..
About units moving somewhere back.. would it help to put units that enter a certain region into a unit group and periodically re-order that unit group to attack move to a certain point? -> When reaching the targeted point/region remove them from their previous unit group and instead add them to the next..
Downside is that with this periodic event creeps might lose their attack focus on their primary target and instead start attacking the next one in range.

have you try this?

Last edited:
Level 5
We don't need the folders, we need the triggers.. ^^;
You can save yourself when you rightclick in your triggers, select copy as text and use trigger ["TRIGGER"]["/TRIGGER"] tags (without ") to wrap around that stuff and we will see your triggers :)

Level 4
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 100.00 seconds
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 10 Force Of Darkness lv 1 for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 10 Force Of Darkness lv 1 for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of spawn 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 10 Force Of Darkness lv 1 for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Spawn 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters spawn <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Chek 1 <gen>)

Level 5
There are a few possibilities - either try patrol order instead of attack move (though think that won't change much) or -
- your map could be bugged.. had same problem a few days before with a GUI trigger... rewriting in a new file worked, but in the original map trigger didn't work as it should though correct.
Another possibility would be to delete only the trigger and make it again.. dunno why, but sometimes it seems worldedit bugs a bit =/

Since your triggers are correct (except that they leak a location), this is the only thing I can think of.. or do you got other triggers that order your creeps around (like 'attack target unit')?

Level 4
There are a few possibilities - either try patrol order instead of attack move (though think that won't change much) or -
- your map could be bugged.. had same problem a few days before with a GUI trigger... rewriting in a new file worked, but in the original map trigger didn't work as it should though correct.
Another possibility would be to delete only the trigger and make it again.. dunno why, but sometimes it seems worldedit bugs a bit =/

Since your triggers are correct (except that they leak a location), this is the only thing I can think of.. or do you got other triggers that order your creeps around (like 'attack target unit')?

i don't have triggers for order your creeps around (like 'attack target unit') it sounds like that is the problem because when a hero is surrounded only units that cant reach the hero when he dies walks back the units that attacking the here keeps going forward ( think we found the problem ^^ )

Level 4
Can this problem be because i have waves as creeps/player 6 and no leak system?

"edit" A strange thing i found out now was when i did a new map and did 3 levels whit same triggers they all moved to the ending Region after hero died instead of going back

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok now i found a working way but theres a new problem i think is easier to fix heres the trigger that helped
  • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all Player 6 (Orange) units
The problem is that now all units that attacks the hero moves after hero dies to ending region, but does that don't reach the hero stands still when hero dies how do i fix that?

Plz i really need help fixing this now it gone 3 days and i still haven't got any working suggestions i will add rep+ and be very grateful for help

Last edited:
Level 5
Maybe it would be easier if you posted your map and we could have a proper look at your triggers,units and see their behaviour ourselves. Just add it as an attachement and I'll take a closer look :)
If you fear some1 'stealing' what you've done, put the map into the dump box for 7 days and send me a link to it via pm :grin:
But I'd prefer the first solution - maybe this stuff might help some1 else in the future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.