• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
i am making a tower defense, however i have a problem with the spawning of creeps. i want to spawn a creep every 0.6 seconds and then it is sent to the goal. additionaly i made a trigger to move every unit of that kind if the current movement speed is 0.

but only few units start walking and they always stop and walk again after a few seconds. and some units get stuck in groups at the spawning points but i guess this is because they dont walk early enough and get surrounded.

is this because of lagging (there are 18 spawning points)? i dont think so because it works in other TDs.

does anyone have a solution?

Level 7
the reason they are stopping/ starting is because each time you issue the units a move order they calculate a path to that point, and if other units have moved, the path they calculate is different then the one they previously calculated and they turn so that they will travel the shortest possible distance and when you issue it every .06 seconds the units that aren't moving are really wobbling back and forth.

so you should just do as ronjales says using regions to tell tell the unit where to go next, or you could just order the units you have spawned to move to the end location the problem with the second option is it works best if the unit have to go a certain way(ie you have pathing blockers placed all over around the path you want the spawns to go )

Status
Not open for further replies.