• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep uses ability in one map and not another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, to start.. there are no triggers used at all. And I thought you had to trigger units to cast abilities but it works for this one unit described below (in one map but not another ??)

There is a neutral hostile melee unit called Draenei watcher, I gave it the ability Battle Cry and it executes this ability in the game when an enemy unit approaches it

but when I copy the unit to another map the same unit with the same ability does nothing ?

Gameplay constants are identical for both maps also. What am I missing here?

Level 25
I'm not sure where the problem could be.

From what I understand so far, the unit is exactly the same with exactly the same spell and owned by the same "player", yet it acts differently.
The only explanation I can come with is that the AI conditions for using this ability are not met.

An example: AI won't use Flame Strike if there aren't at least 2 enemies clustered together.
Of course these conditions are different for each spell, what I'm trying to say is that it may simply be because there are not enough enemies, etc. that he doesn't use it.

Other problems could be simpler - like not enough mana, etc.

Level 14
Make sure it's not something simple like forgetting to give the unit enough starting mana to cast the ability.

Edit: I just saw that Nichilus suggested that. Oh well, good luck anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.