• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep target aquisition range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How come if i set the global constants "creep guard distance" and "creep call for help range" to 50, they still seem to aid creeps being attacked within 600 range distance? I also set them to camp mode.

Okay to clarify my question, how do i lessen the area in which creeps guard? I need relatively small areas lyk 50 range radius because i am using 1/2 model sizes and 1/2 ranges to double the size of my map.

Level 5
Go to the individual Unit and theres a Script named: Combat - Acquisition Range. Its usually set to 500 for melee 600 for short range and 700 is usually the Acq for 600Range and 1150 for Siege Weaponry.. If u want them to aggro at 50 just change it to 50 though in my opinion even with the 1/2 size units 50 will be a tiny Acquisition Range. think this through. If melee Acq is 500 and ur using 1/2 size units then wouldnt 250 be more accurate than 50? im not telling you that you absolutely must use 250 but it would be more accurate and in my opinion, its just plain better.

Status
Not open for further replies.