• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating fresh, walkable unit corpses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[RESOLVED] Creating fresh, walkable unit corpses...

I need to create unit corpses (like, death animation corpses) for a Founding of Durotar-like campaign I'm making. In the bonus campaign, during the scene where Rexxar goes in Thrall's place to the meeting with the humans, there are a few human corpses set up after the battle, further to the north. A similar thing is viewable a little later, when you're on your way to destroy the human encampment. These corpses are walkable, so they might be doodads; but, when I create doodads that use the models of the units I want killed and order them (through triggers) to play their death animations, they only play the animations when I gain vision of them.

Here's an example video of what happens, in case my wording isn't clear enough.

As you can see, the doodad plays the animation only when the player gets in viewing range. I want the animations set and done when I order the trigger. Oh, and no, I can not settle for fleshy/skeletal corpses.

Any tips?

----

Issue RESOLVED, thanks to Whitewolf8 and Adiktuz.

Last edited:
That's normal and a hardcoded thing...

what you can do is either make it a destructable without pathing (coz I think dests can have a "dead" version) or export the model, open it using Magos model editor, and switch the death and stand animations then reimport model and use it instead of the original one for ur doodad...

or you can also trigger it such that there will be a visibility modifier on that region when you order it to play its death animation... then destroy it afterwards...

Level 6
The destructible method, assuming it works, would be best. I'll look into that.

Otherwise, I'll have to open it with Magus.

Thanks for the assist, although if anyone else knows more on the topic, please let me know.

Level 6
I'm making a campaign based around the Ogre you see there, but the viewpoint may change to allow the player to control other heroes or groups of heroes. One of the Ogre's allies will be a Dark Troll; another will be a Fel Tauren. There's going to be a lot of chaos and demonic influence here, but the plot isn't final; we'll see where it goes.

Level 6
But units cannot be traversed over; they are not walkable, and they are selectable. Even if I were to change the collision size to zero or something, I wanted a non-selectable, walkable object that doesn't light up as a unit when you mouse over it. It should look and act like a piece of scenery, not something I crammed into the game at the last minute.

Level 2
maybe taking a crate or barrel changing the model to what you want then just setting health to zero once placed

Status
Not open for further replies.