• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating Flesh Corpses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could help me fix a problem.

I am trying to make corpses in my campaign map, I want it to be like a fleshy, target-able corpse. You can see the name and etc, like a neutral creep(Except it's a corpse :eek:).

My triggers have all been wrong, because either it creates a skeletal, decaying corpse on the spot, or it does nothing at all.

Thank you for your help,

Level 12
1. Making a unit look like a corpse means its only anims will be the Decay anim, which will look terrible if looping. Besides, I'm not even sure it's possible.
Another option would be to set its model file to the Doodad "Remains" or "Remains Scorched", which will be okay but will look abit weird when selected because it has no portrait.
2. The unit will not be targeted as Dead (for example by abilities like Animate Dead), unless thus will be added to the "Targeted as" category in the Object Editor.

It's been one of my problems too, I simply create really weak dummy units and kill them right away.

Lol, 100th post. :p

Level 3
I think I've mislead, I meant like - EX: A Night elf Archer Corpse on the ground, not decaying or decayed or any of that sort. Just a Archer with a stand-still "Death" animation.

Level 3
Make that archer unit play death animation.
Death animation is non-looping so it will stay like a dead corpse.
Or play decay flesh with set 0% animation speed.
But the unit must be paused If it's given anyorder It will reset animation.

Thanks! This works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.